Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here lowered their seat frame to give more headroom? Just driving my '02 Z06 down the road my short hair touches the roof. When at the drag strip my helmet contacts the roof and causes me to have to "squat" my body down so I can feel somewhat comfortable. Not a good position to be in. I am auto-Xing on the 21st and RRing on the 23d of this month and don't feel like smashing myself into the car for that long with the helmet on. It seems like there is at least 1"-2" under the seat. 1" would work, 2" would be awesome!!!

I have tried searching for info on www.corvetteforum.com as well, but no luck.

If you have not done this personally, have you heard of this being done? Have you seen a website or seen a post about it? I'm desperate here. This is one of the two things that bugs me about this car. The other thing is that I have to drive around town and race with the steering wheel one click above where I want it to be. I can't see the DIC with the wheel in this position. With it lowered to where I can see the DIC, I can't turn the wheel all the way, or my hands contact my knees. And my right leg gets stuck between the wheel and the shifter...

Thanks for ANY help or leads...

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
I am 6"3"...

and have just enough seat adjustment to get "helmet relief".

Others have told me that the springs can be removed from the bottom of the seat to gain more headroom. I have not had to do this.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Don't know the answer here... But I do know that Gary Hoffman @ Hardbar.net makes seat rails for the C5 that allow you to mount Sparcos (not all, but one or two models) in the car. Gary might know more about this topic -- or, he might even be able to make you something (if he does that kind of thing). He's a very nice, knowledgeable person -- so you might wish to give him a call and talk to him about your concerns.

-Kirk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts