Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Does anyone know who will be making Lowering Springs or Coilovers for the new Z? (or perhaps someone is already making these parts for the C6?) Thanks.

This picture is amazing, after seeing this, I do plan on lowering my car.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
For the C5 Z06:
- Hardbar makes nice Titanium Rear Lowering bolts and SS Front Lowering Bolts with Delrin bushings.
- LG Motorsports and Doug Rippie have nonadjustable shock coil-over systems
- Penske, JRZ & Moton have excellent DA & TA Adjustable Shocks with remote Reservoirs which are adaptable to a coil-over system. Shorter shaft shocks are necessary for a lowered car.
- VB&P has Extreme Springs (transverse leaf) which have a better recurve are stiffer and are a touch lighter thus allowing the car to ride lower

I recommend using an adjustable shock coilover system

As to the C6 Z06, the above "players" will probably have a C6 Z06 system availale (common sense). BUT No body knows for sure YET as the C6 Z06 is not out yet (reality) and the aftermarket market has not been able to get their hands on a new C6 Z06 for measurement and physical comparison , engineering development and production.

Besides the C6 Z06 is NOT legal for competition until January 2006 and everyone is now conserned and consumed with the Run Offs ad National Championships in September and October, and supporting the C5. You will probably see some systems come out in time for the SEMA and Performance shows in November and December.

Your a little ahead of the game and this is the about the 100th post asking if a particular part will be offered for the C6 Z06 before it ever hits the showroom floor.

It would be nice if GM would, but they do not have a pre-release conference for the aftermarket engineers. Basically we are all in the same boat.

We'll all just have to wait and see.

I will have a DA & TA system available based on Penske's

·
Registered
417 Posts
I will have mine in November and will have alot of goodies shortly after. Some things are common with the C5 like seat rails, camber kits, shift knobs, and brake pads for non-ZO6 C6's, but others are totally different, such as harness bars. I think that the C5 Rear titanium lowering kit will work on the front but we will only know for sure when the car is in stock. Stay tuned, they are just starting to ship....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts