Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok i have seen some of the cars on here after they have been lowered but it is still no the look i am looking for. i have seen ZO6's with all of the wheel well gap taken away. anyone know what i need to do to lower it this much. thanks

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
You will need to get aftermarket front and rear spring perch bolts from Hardbar.

In addition when lowering past factory recommendations you will need shorter shaft racing shocks. I recommend Penske DA's

You may also need to upgrade with Baer's hemi-jointed spherical bearing Steering Rod and Toe Rod end links.

VB&P Extreme Springs will help you get lower as they have a shallower recurve, are lighter and stiffer than OEM. As an option you could convert the Penske DA shocks to Coil Over.

T1 front and rear bars will reduce unwanted sway which you don't want if lowered to the max.

While you are redoing the suspension you might as well replace the OEM bushings with VB&P Poly Graphite Bushings.

Realign and maintain at least 1/2" Rake.

We also use 305/30x18 on 10.3x18 on the front and 315/35x17 on 11.5x17 the rear. Both of these have 25.5" OD so they are shorter than the OEM rear tires.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts