Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:

I am sending my Z06 to LPE for a H/C package this fall. I currently have the question that I have for those who have selected LPE for upgrading their Corvettes is if they actually have more RWHP and RW Torque than what was quoted to them at LPE. I know LPE is a very reputable shop as are many other vendors on this forum, but it seems when they quoted me on RWHP and RW Torque they seemed to quote lower estimates than other shops. I have decided to go with LPE but just wanted some feedback from those of you who have taken your car to LPE.

My mods will be - LG Long tubes with Random Tech cats, Ported LS6 Heads and comp cam, ASP underdrive pulley, Hurricane Air Intake, Corsa Titanuim Exhaust, ported Throtlle Body. All of this can be seen on LPE's webpage under the 500 H/C package.

One other question - Do I need a FAST Intake and 90 throttlebody - How much more will this get me?

Thanks for all of the help

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
LPE has a reputation for building honest reliable horsepower. I would seek LPE's advise on the FAST Intake and 90 throttle-body. IMO it will be to much for your combo. Let us know what they recommend. :cheers:

·
Registered
999 Posts
Yes they are conservative. They also give you a dependable "safe" tune. That's why they also give a 2 yr / 24,000 mile warranty. I had the same basic set up you are getting a couple of years ago and it made 427RWHP / 390ish RWTQ. Since that time, they have improved their packages and its not unusual to see another 10 on their current packages.

As far as the fast and the 90mm...I would save your money. If you had a stroker it may be worth it but the gain (if any) on a 346 is minimal in relation to the cost.

You're gonna love it.

JWz06.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
I am very happy with my 427 from them. I wanted over 500 rwhp that runs on pump gas and good manners around town... this thing is great they gave me 516rwhp! The car acts like a stock car with A lot more horsepower and tq.

Chris

1 - 4 of 4 Posts