Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where would I find an LS1 edit?? I can find hyper and diablo all day long but want to find the LS1edit??? and then how much rocket science does it take and skill to program a Z?? never really delt with a handheld.

·
Registered
5 Posts
LS1Edit is a software/hardware package used in conjunction with OBDII port and a laptop computer. Way more powerful than a handheld programmer as the perameters that cam be changed are greater and finetunable. Check out Carputing.com for further info. BTW alot of pro tuners use this to dynotune and there's a real steep learning curve.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Do a goggle search on "Car Puting." They are in New Jersey.

I've looked into doing it myself, but it is way complicated. Unless you have a lot of time on your hands and are somewhat brilliant and have an excellent background in engine mechanics and the physics and electronics of it all, don't do it ;)

I subscribe to the old theory that "50% of smart is knowing what you are dumb at!!"

To check it out, find a tuner who will do you cars tuning and watch what he does and ask him to explain what he is doing!! I think then you'll see what I'm talking about.....

Personally, I could master it with a lot of effort. But, why? I can afford to pay someone to do it for me, and concentrate on my own business.....where I make very good $$$

HTH,

:cheers:

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah was just on ls1edit.com....not very informative and well....useless to me. best best is going to 21stcentury in dallas...I need to call john.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts