Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
$12,995.00 :ity: That's not too bad. Now if we can find out if it will fit in a C5. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same physical externally. So, there should be 0 issues installing one. The only issues right now are figuring out knock sensors.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
J-Rod said:
Same physical externally. So, there should be 0 issues installing one. The only issues right now are figuring out knock sensors.
And all of the dry sump equipment, and moving the battery to the back, and the new radiator to support the oil lines? Anything else missed? I have been looking at this as well for a cheaper more effective way of getting C6 Z06 performance without buying the new car.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
dwjZ06 said:
And all of the dry sump equipment, and moving the battery to the back, and the new radiator to support the oil lines? Anything else missed? I have been looking at this as well for a cheaper more effective way of getting C6 Z06 performance without buying the new car.

Me too. :yeadog: I will wait and see how the tuners around the country address the various issues you have brought up. I am certain that there will be "creative" fixes...I just don't want to be the guinea pig. :NoNo:

Don

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
This is a very interesting engine, tech-wise, and there's a certain magic of having 427C.I. But @ 505 flywheel HP, it's either way underated, or very mildly cammed. It's pretty easy to exceed this power level with our stock shortblock, with only bolt-ons (including cam). If you throw on a power adder, 505 seem kinda puny. Sounds like there's way more negative issues on the down side of doing a swap than positive. Especially when it's much cheaper to mod the stock one way past that power level. Of course, you can always do the swap, and then mod THAT motor, but it'd probably be easier to sleeve/stroke the original engine.

·
Registered
722 Posts
powerband, fellas. powerband

I have a 535 crank hp h/c 346, but I'd still switch out in a heartbeat for a 505 crank 427. That 427 tq curve is going to be sweeeeeet from any spot on the rev band you decide to blip the throttle.

·
Premium Member
4,289 Posts
Don Benson said:
Me too. :yeadog: I will wait and see how the tuners around the country address the various issues you have brought up. I am certain that there will be "creative" fixes...I just don't want to be the guinea pig. :NoNo:

Don
Amen on the Guinea pig thing. Hey you never replied how's the Jimmy man? What has he been up to? Can you talk him into the fest?

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
BLU-BY-U said:
powerband, fellas. powerband

I have a 535 crank hp h/c 346, but I'd still switch out in a heartbeat for a 505 crank 427. That 427 tq curve is going to be sweeeeeet from any spot on the rev band you decide to blip the throttle.
:jammin: :jammin:
So True

1 - 9 of 9 Posts