Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

not sure about the rules here, but I need some advice on rebuilding my LS7. I had AHP do the cylinder head work and cam. engine failed with less than 2800 miles. my car has approx 14,600 miles. I'm looking for a shop that honors their warranty (not only for damage to the part they worked on, but also any damage caused by their poor workmanship).

Here is a link to the failure

any suggestions on which route I should go?

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,807 Posts
A lot of "maybes" guessing with little info

Check for any DTCs. what are they
Check for any vacuum, air or exhaust leaks
Connect a OBD-II scanner and look for odds things being reported.

Could be some wiring connector not fully on or not connected,
Maybe a fuse blown.
Check fuel rail pressure, should be about 58 PSI
Check that they overfilled the engine oil
Check for a sparkplug wire came off.

Else use a smoker to look for some leak and do a compression and leakdown test of each cylinders.

How long since the mods were done and about how many miles since and finally
did engine ever work correctly after the mods were done

·
Registered
211 Posts
First off I hope your loss wasn't catastrophic. Those are the kinds of posts that will get the LS7 hater's going. See I told you those motors were crap. When in fact the loss is possibly related to AHP.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I still have trust in this platform. I didn't even drive the car that hard, just long distance driving to get to a job site. AHP failed twice. The first time was when they first did the work. The second time was when they were told about the water consumption after 400 miles. When I reached 2800 miles, it needed 3L of coolant. When I told AHP about it, they told me to just keep an eye on the coolant level. Really? 3L of water consumption on an engine with 14,000 miles which you did head work on didn't concern you?

Anyways, it wasn't until I told them that I saw what looked like oil in the coolant that they had me bring it in. They were jerks about it the whole time. I can tell they were upset having to look at the vehicle. Their attitude was, we are AHP, and if anything is wrong with your car must be your fault. After almost 2 months at their shop, they said that everything was perfect. I picked up the vehicle and had this happen a few hundred miles later.

I was thinking of going RHS with some aftermarket cylinder head. What brand cylinder heads are considered bullet proof?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Based on your description of events I would talk "louder" to AHP. They should step up and make it right.

If that fails, take a look at Katech. Long way for you but you won't have any regrets with their work.
And they back it up with a warranty.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

not sure about the rules here, but I need some advice on rebuilding my LS7. I had AHP do the cylinder head work and cam. engine failed with less than 2800 miles. my car has approx 14,600 miles. I'm looking for a shop that honors their warranty (not only for damage to the part they worked on, but also any damage caused by their poor workmanship).

Here is a link to the failure

any suggestions on which route I should go?
Where are you located?

I am out in San Diego;
I found shavings in my oil recently and some other issues.

if you are anywhere near Temecula I can get you the number of the machine shop I will be taking my engine to. I am currently just pricing everything out and doing research. But the shop has one set of hands touching the engine From start to finish. Let me know if you are interested I’ll put you in touch with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Peter your not being forthcoming at all.
In fact I say your being down right deceitful in how your going about this.

We have asked you many times (over many months) to bring your vehicle to the shop so we could inspect it and find out what the failure point was. Each time you said you would but later made up an excuse as to why you could not bring it in for inspection.

We have told you in the past several times that we were more than willing to work with you but again you did nothing.

We asked you if you were not going to bring it in to at least pull a valve cover and send us pics... again you did nothing.

We have extended many offerings to help you and offer you support... again you did nothing.

You have however sent many emails, phone calls to the shop, phone calls to my personal cell phone (including many calls to my personal cell phone past 10pm) and demanded that we fix your car and give you a reason for the failure. Each and every time we have been very open and honest with you in saying that until an inspection and failure analysis is conducted on the vehicle there is no way of knowing what failed or why it failed and what is required to fix it.

Peter a solid fact is that at this time as your bashing us here you have ZERO idea of what actually failed and why. You cannot know what failed till you actually do something to find out, like take a valve cover off for starters (as I have been asking you to do for months now).

Peter you need to Tell everyone on here the full story... We traded services for the work on your vehicle over a year and a half ago. You were contracted to build us a website and your being paid monthly by AHP LLC to maintain our website. You are currently a contractor for AHP LLC and what your doing here is by CA state law definition Defamation of character..... and the kicker is you dont even know what failed on your car and are bashing us off a hunch. You are just making a yourself look extremely poor and worrying a bunch of good folks unnecessarily.

I will say that we have been less than impressed with your website and you web master skills. How many $5,000 plus orders have we not gotten because of you and your extremely poor running of our website? I know of one last week alone and im sure there are countless more. We get at least one phone call a week from customers complaining that they cant order on our website or that shipping is 5x what it should be or that they are on the checkout screen and it just kicks them out over and over again. We have asked you multiple times to fix it and you still have done nothing.
In fact just this week you wrote Jake a very nasty email saying your not going to fix our website (which you personally built and have on your personal server at your house) until your car is fixed (which again we have offered to look at on several occasions).

Working with you on the website has been a down right terrible experience. Despite all that you have done to us we still offered to help you out on this and look at your car... Why because as I told you multiple times in many emails we truly do care about our work and our customers.

What your doing here in my honest opinion is down right wrong. You had a failure of your vehicle. We offered to look at it on multiple occasions to find out what happened and then go from there but again you have done nothing in the months since this issue occurred...

What you did do was build us a error filled website that you have done an extremely poor job of running (your are currently being paid money monthly under contract to maintain/run) and then ran here to the forum saying AHP messed up your car.

I have no idea what else we could have done to extend our hand to assist you in this matter.

I can however tell you that we are completely done with you and your website. After months of extended offers which you never took us up on there is not much more for us to do here.

Also about the overheating issues and coolant issue. Why dont you tell the forum here the truth like you told Jake last time your were at our shop and that is your girlfriend taking your car for a few days without your permission or conscent and then after that your car had issues. At least that's what you told Jake.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Based on your description of events I would talk "louder" to AHP. They should step up and make it right.

If that fails, take a look at Katech. Long way for you but you won't have any regrets with their work.
And they back it up with a warranty.
We had offered on more than several occasions for Peter to drop his car off at our shop for a diagnostic of the failure.
We were more than willing to look at it for him and stand behind it if its something we did that caused it. This whole thing started almost a year ago and to this day peter has done nothing but complain about it. He has done nothing to fix it or resolve it just post this sort of trash on the forums and Youtube without any factual data to back it up.

I have repeatedly told Peter that until we know what failed and why it failed that we cannot know if we were going to cover it or not. Peter at one point asked me how much it cost to replace an LS7 engine which I quoted him the rough estmate from a past customer letting him know that was a retail price. Again I told peter that untill we diagnsoe it and find out what failed and why its all just guessing.

Dealing with Peter has been a down right nightmare on all fronts. From dealing with him on the website he built for us to dealing with his demanding we fix his car while not taking us up on any offers we extended to him to look at it or even knowing what is failed and or why himself.

·
21,279 Posts
We had offered on more than several occasions for Peter to drop his car off at our shop for a diagnostic of the failure.
We were more than willing to look at it for him and stand behind it if its something we did that caused it. This whole thing started almost a year ago and to this day peter has done nothing but complain about it. He has done nothing to fix it or resolve it just post this sort of trash on the forums and Youtube without any factual data to back it up.

I have repeatedly told Peter that until we know what failed and why it failed that we cannot know if we were going to cover it or not. Peter at one point asked me how much it cost to replace an LS7 engine which I quoted him the rough estmate from a past customer letting him know that was a retail price. Again I told peter that untill we diagnsoe it and find out what failed and why its all just guessing.

Dealing with Peter has been a down right nightmare on all fronts. From dealing with him on the website he built for us to dealing with his demanding we fix his car while not taking us up on any offers we extended to him to look at it or even knowing what is failed and or why himself.
We get these posts from time to time. I always reserve judgement unless there is hard evidence which usually there is not. I usually delete the "he said, she said" threads when it gets to be a shit storm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts