Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Talking with my gal about what to do with the '60, we got talking about the LS7 being available as a crate engine....then the more we talked we can to the conclusion that maybe the new LS7 crate engine would fit in the '03 Z and take the Z engine and put it in the '60.

Will that work? The '60 has a '73 350 cu in in it now....so what do you all think? I was looking at the GM site and they said coming in the fall for sale was the LS7 crate engine....

thoughts? comments? :screwy:

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
My dad and I were talking about putting my LS6 in his car, and an LS7 in mine. Of course, that crate motor will be really spendy, so it hasn't gotten beyond the fantasy stage.

Depending on how much they want for the crate motor, it might be better to build a 427 with aftermarket parts.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Couldn't you also use an Art Morrison chassis with the '60. I think there is even on that takes C5 suspension/driveline pieces.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you can get the LS2 engine for about $6k......got to believe that the LS7 will be somewhere around $12k max, that is what the big block crate motors go for.....that is still cheaper than buying a 427 from someone else that has to rework your existing one......

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Why not use a ZL1 Ram Jet, GM crate engine, all aluminum fuel injected 500hp? Much lighter. I know a dealer that has one.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Please tell us more about the ZL1 Ramjet engine. Is it carburated or fuel injected? How about sensor locations? Why would it be lighter than an LS7? Does the ZL1 have the fancy internals that the LS7 has? Price?

I'm assuming I could use my highly turned (new engine would need some retuning) PCM with either engine. It will take a few years for LS7 Edit to show up, but I don't see why you couldn't use today's LS1 Edit and your old PCM to run either engine.

Any comments?!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts