Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've heard it will have a different oil filter, PF48? Different threads +/- then the old 44's or something.

Just thought I'd pass it out to pocket for the lucky ones who are getting their cars early.

Best to find out where you can get a correct oil filter before taking delivery. Please post if you find someone who sells them. Our little dealership here won't have any I'm sure. :usa:

·
Registered
338 Posts
jdogg said:
Yes, different filter.

Different thread pitch so that you can't mistakenly put the wrong filter on the car.
PF48 the right #? I guess its early to ask, but good to know. I would have thought it would have the same filter as the C5 and C6. Thanks for the posts.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Pan has 2 drain plugs with a cast arrow that spans the two drains so lube jockys will get them both.
Also the LS7 wears a unique PF48 oil filter that incorporates an internal bypass valve. The filter is the same size as the common PF44, but it's thread pitch is different so the PF44 can't be mistakenly installed. (GM HighTech July/August 05)

·
Registered
338 Posts
fyrcaptain said:
Pan has 2 drain plugs with a cast arrow that spans the two drains so lube jockys will get them both.
Also the LS7 wears a unique PF48 oil filter that incorporates an internal bypass valve. The filter is the same size as the common PF44, but it's thread pitch is different so the PF44 can't be mistakenly installed. (GM HighTech July/August 05)
Thanks for the info. I wonder what the aftermarket filters are going to come up with? Is this filter new or something that is on the market now?

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sure hope the two drain pan sump plugs have magnets. Or I'll have to go to the local chevy dealership and special order a couple. Should be stock item by now. :-?

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Good to know. :cheers:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts