Corvette Z06 Forum banner

LSX Fast 90mm Intake vs. LS7 Intake Manifold

10K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Grim Reaper 
#1 ·
I know that the LSX Fast Intake works and creates more horsepower on a H/C car and a stroker motor. But honestly I don't like the way the intake looks. Has any one painted there lsx intake and have pictures of it. I know the ls7 motor and parts are not out yet, but do you think we will be able to use the LS7 intake manifold and possibly the throttle body on our current z06? And do you think it will flow and perform as well as the FAST intake? I like the way the ls7 manifold looks. It is different from the current z06 but black is simple and looks good IMO. So i'm willing to give up the horsepower the FAST Intake makes cuz it's so ugly, but hey i might not have a problem if i Just get one of those kenne bell superchargers :).

#2 · (Edited)
No. Not unless you use the LS7 head also.

The intake port size and shape is different on the LS7. The LS7 intake ports are designed after the C5R head with larger rectangular ports rather than the LS1/LS2/LS6 "Cathedral" shape.

The intake port and heads are CNC milled. The stock LS7 head intake runner flow is reported by Chevy to be 360 cfm. I do not have the LS7 intake runner volume as yet nor, the actual port demensions. Whether they will be exactly the same size as the C5R head is as yet unclear.

It remains to be seen what the LS7 intake manifold will flow but I suspect it will be higher than a LS1/LS2/LS6 FAST due to the intake port size and shape.

As a reference a CNC ported & polished ASA LS6 head with enlarged intake runners flows 297 cfm. I am not sure what the FAST intake manifold is capable of.

#3 ·
I also think the FAST 90 is ugly. I had my intake painted Machine Silver to match my car. It looks like cast aluminum. I think it looks great.

I'll try to post pics after work.

Andy

#5 · (Edited)
Very nice DJ. You always find the good stuff.
I just painted my FAST 90 Blood Red (looks mean). It was very ugly.

Considering I have about

FAST 90 $850
Port-Matching $680
TPIS 90 $650?
$2,180

Almost forgot
Carbon Fiber
Haltech Trap
Filter, Screen $900+

So $3,100

The above does look so bad. I would assume you would need a expensive custom computer and programming as well? And that this would have to be tuned with specific software? Do you need two MAF's or is it Maffless.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.