Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!!

I've been searching the site for some info on the production numbers of '04 Z's and total Z production. I came across a super post written by fyrcaptain here.... http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75444&highlight=machine+silver

According to that info it appears that only 967 Machine Silver Z's were produced in '04. Does that mean that other than the '01 Speedway White that the '04 Machine Silver is the rarest Z06 color??

I think I love my Z just that much more now!! :jammin:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hmm... there seems to be some discrepancies in the data from each source. I would like to know as well. Either way, I think it's fair to assume Machine Silver is a pretty rare color, much as speedway white, as both were only in production for one year.

·
Premium Member
9,756 Posts
Good thing I didn't know this when I bought my car - I might have paid more for it :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
114 Posts
I would like to know how many QS/MOD Red interior 01 Z's were produced, that has to be a rare color combo I would think.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FRC Tom thanks for the great info!! :thumb:

QSATL we are neighbors!! I live in East Cobb. Would you like to meet for a cup of coffee one day??

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
QSATL said:
I would like to know how many QS/MOD Red interior 01 Z's were produced, that has to be a rare color combo I would think.
Ask and yee shall receive.
2001 interiors:
TORCH RED MODIFIED RED 673 BLACK 950 1623
BLACK MODIFIED RED 436 BLACK 1383 1819
SPEEDWAY WHITE MODIFIED RED 137 BLACK 215 352
QUICKSILVER MODIFIED RED 320 BLACK 1025 1345
MILLENNIUM YELLOW MODIFIED RED 95 BLACK 539 634

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does anyone have pics of a QS and MS right next to each other? I'm curious to see what they look against each other in comparable light.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If QSATL and I can get together I will take a pic of the two Z's side by side and post them in this thread.

I have detailed 2 QS Z's (an '01 and and '03) and can tell you QS is noticeably lighter and the metallic seems to "pop" more. MS looks more like a true pewter metal (not GM's pewter paint). It is a dark shade of silver and the metallic is muted.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts