Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the correct part number for magnaflow cats that will fit a c5 corvette? Do they perform as well as the random tech cats? I can find these for $50-$70 per cat. which is a lot cheaper than buying a random tech setup. I have a weld-on x-pipe lying around, and I can buy a set of ceramic coated long tube headers for $560, so $700 bucks for all the parts I need for a long tube/cat/x-pipe setup is a lot better than $1400+ for a complete system.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Me too! :cheers:

·
Registered
396 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Anyone? How much of a power difference am I looking by replacing the stock cats with a longtube/x-pipe/bullets setup?
Is it worth my time, or should I just put on headers and save my $$$ for something else?

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
When I had my Z28, allot of people used the magnaflow cats, no one really commented on how good they were but it was noted that they did cost power. I don't remember but it was in the neighborhood of 10-15 rwhp. Most guys used the RT cats with about a 5rwhp loss. The new Metal Matrix RT's don't seem to have a loss at the wheels. I do know the the Mac's, Carsound and the Magnaflows didn't work well on the F-cars compared to the RT's.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts