Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody using the Magnaflow "X" pipe and Magnaflow mufflers on a 2001 Z06? Or what have you heard about it? Just wanting to know how it sounds, performs and looks with the those big 4" tips. Cya :cheers:

·
Registered
352 Posts
My car is at the shop, they just call me to say that the tail pipes are not aligned, on set is coming out more than the other. In addition the flange that ties the billet are not welded in the right position so they can not install the billet. I am calling my welder to detach and re-attach the flange. The mufflers are too close to the rear panel and I am afraid it could get burn. This afternoon I will pick up the car. Just hope the sound is as good as they promised and not as bad as their workmanship......I can not send them back. (8,000 miles away + freight + duty):mad:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hows the Exhaust

ZainO6 Sorry about the problems. How did the exhaust turn out? Tell me about the sound and power. Cya:cheers:

·
Registered
352 Posts
The sound is much better and low RPM you can hear the deep tone of the engine and at WOT it REALY sings. As for the HP gains. I think there is an improvement, I do not have dyno here, but by the seat of my pants I can feel the engine reving much freer.

·
Registered
803 Posts
My experience with Magnaflow is that they sound 'THE BEST' of any muffler I have heard. On my LS1 Camaro the sound was muted at idle, never intrusive in the cockpit, and got real aggressive with pedal application. I loved it!

However, the dyno tests showed the FlowMaster to make a couple more HP.

I went with the sound.

·
Banned
51 Posts
This may be an old post but I am really surprised to hear about fitment issues with Magnaflow. I have their catback on my Cobra and had their x-pipe before I went with longtubes. I had no issues at all and it sounded awesome. I also had their x-pipe on my old '86 GT and had no install fitment issues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts