Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've hit the 20k mile mark and would like to know what maintenance on it, where could I find this info?

I know the dealer does a 15k mile service 30k ect, but to pay hundreds for a mechanic to stare at the car doesnt make sense :bmad:

I changed the filter already, is lubricating the chassis the next step?

any other things I should be looking into next?

when is time for spark plugs, fuel injectors/filter ect?

thanx :cheers:

Luis

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
At 20K you need to do at least the following
Oil/fliter
Air filter
Tranny oil
Diff oil
:z:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey wait a minute, my 02Z is at 20k miles, i brought my car to chevy, and my 20k mile inspection was only an oil change, filter was ok, fluids were all ok. They told me that it was still too early to change the tranny oil.

Can anyone refer a maintenance schedule or something? or i will just check my owners manual when i get home.

·
Registered
498 Posts
COUTO1981 said:
thanx :yeadog:
lol, maybe we can hookup and do this... Mine just hit 30k... i am in the process of polishing/buffing/wax it. So far so good.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I follow them in 5k intervals.

Every 5k, It is extremely important to make sure the car is washed, waxed, polished, along with the rims and some vacuuming and interior cleaning.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cenwesi said:
lol, maybe we can hookup and do this... Mine just hit 30k... i am in the process of polishing/buffing/wax it. So far so good.

Your 30k is really low wear compared to my 20k, I punish her for staying inside the garage all week :p

·
Registered
844 Posts
Here we go again. Unless you campaign the car, follow the Owner's Manual!!!!!!!!!!!!! :guiness:

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Melsy said:
Here we go again. Unless you campaign the car, follow the Owner's Manual!!!!!!!!!!!!! :guiness:

the Owner manual is not sure of the maitenance to be perform, Its suggests but if you read through out it contridicts it self and doesnt talk about everything that the car needs maintained, Its like mapquest, its a suggestion and most of the time it misses important facts or adds unneeded information :coo:

thats why I wanted to know from experience owners :yeadog:

·
Registered
584 Posts
Hmm, my owner's manual seem really sure of what to do and when to do it. Try reading the English version. :) I am surprised by how little scheduled maintenance is required.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
That's because vehicles today are 100,000 mile engines. Very little needs to be done beyond oil/filter, air filter, coolant, brakes and tires.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts