Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was down at a Chevy dealership today on the South side of Denver and they had two Z06s in the showroom. The one that caught my eye was a red Z07. It had an MSRP of $100k with a $25,000 "market adjustment".

Now I'm well aware this is a common dealer practice for the "latest and greatest" set of wheels on the lot, but I've never seen a dealer seeking 25% "adjustment". Even paying MSRP you're going to take a huge hit in value year one. I'm curious if this is just a case of mark it way up so you feel like you're getting a huge deal when the discount the car to ONLY $10k over sticker or if folks are really paying $15k or more over sticker for these cars.

My gut feel is they can be had for pretty close to MSRP at this point because there are hundreds of them listed for sale on various online sites. Heck, the Colorado truck is tougher to find right now than a Z06.

Curious what others are seeing.

Ryan J

·
Administrator
21,250 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
One of my friends saw one in Henderson, Nevada that was an auto, vert w/z07 package and they were asking $130k for it before tax, title and license. I'm sure some idiot with more money than brains will buy it and make it a garage queen. :WTF:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
My local dealer here got an allocation a few weeks back and called me to ask if I wanted it and I asked him if he would deal on it below msrp. He said no problem, but I really don't want a new one and offered to try and find him a buyer. The next day a guy I know from here, (one of my clients) went ahead and ordered a 1LZ with an A8 from the dealer. I don't know the details yet, but I'm certain he's getting it for well under msrp. There are dealers all over the country already discounting them and GM is building tons of them at BG. Anybody who is paying a dealer any "market adjustment" over msrp is an idiot and deserves to get hosed! :yeadog:

Jimbo

·
9,755 Posts
There are always those who will pay stupid money to be the first kid on the block with a new Z06, then there's the rest of us who won't even pay MSRP :yeadog:

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Dealerships here in VA are charging from MSRP to MSRP+$25K. My first order last Sep was at MSRP, but then the saleman called me a week later and told me I'd have to pay +$10K market adjustment. I canceled the order forthwith. I ordered from an out-of-state dealer for less than MSRP. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
Dealerships here in VA are charging from MSRP to MSRP+$25K. My first order last Sep was at MSRP, but then the saleman called me a week later and told me I'd have to pay +$10K market adjustment. I canceled the order forthwith. I ordered from an out-of-state dealer for less than MSRP. :cheers:
^^^^^^^^^^^
Smart man!

·
9,755 Posts
Good job Gary!
Was it by any chance Koon's in Tysons trying to rip you off?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I just paid for my new Z06 from a local dealer who is only getting one Z06 allocation. I paid $4,130 under MSRP. He was aware that he could probably get more selling to an out of town buyer, but he wanted to sell locally and have the car be local. it certainly gets a lot of attention.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts