Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So many of us like to modify/enhance our Vets with color matching engine components, interior trim, mats, trunk liners,etc.
I am curious to see if there are others like me who wear clothes to match their Vet?
(I can see the jokes flying already /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

When I had my torch red ZR1 I always had red sox on at car shows, club meetings, etc. This usually went with black pants, and red/black shirt or jacket. Got to be, that local Vet friends would expect it of me. Next came a Mlllennium Yellow/Black convert.....yup, bought 3 pairs of yellow sox to wear with black pants, black running shoes. Anyway, you get the picture....am I just strange or do others like to match their clothes to their Vet? And yes, I have already bought some new bright red sox for the upcoming birthday bash and cruise-in.

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
345 Posts
Got Yellow sun glasses, bicycles, and walkie talkies, which by the way is a fun addition for cruising with more than one vette.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I thinking of getting an aluminum foil suit, mirrored sunglasses, and a chrome skateboard helmet to wear while driving.... OH DAMN...I dropped my crack pipe...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Zippy,

I hope you aren't wearing a Red Leisure Suit next week when we get together. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Eckler's and MidAmerica offer Z06 sport shirts, made by Cutter Buck. They come in white, light yellow and red. They all have black collars and sleeve trim. The Z06 logo is silver and red depending on the shirt clolor. They are a decent shirt and cost about $45. I have all 3. The red shirt and black pants match the interior nicely.

·
Registered
219 Posts
NCM sells Cutter Buck golf shirts with the Z06 emblem on it. Colors are lt grey and lt yellow. Price is $40.00 - I bought 3 of them and they are very nice. Can be purchased through their web site.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Zippy, I think we need to talk :rolleyes: Please don't tell us that your boxers are torch red too. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hey HARLEY, do you think we can cut a "deal" by buying 2 at a time /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Would look good with my Silver Z too /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Oh, and please pass the pipe /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
107 Posts
I don't need a hat.... my hair matches the car..../phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

·
Registered
906 Posts
trumperZ06... I'll call ALCOA today!!!

Here you go...it needs relighing!!:)

·
Registered
442 Posts

On 2001-03-26 23:03, Zippy spewed forth this drivel:
I am curious to see if there are others like me who wear clothes to match their Vet?
(I can see the jokes flying already /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)
Zippy I had my yellow shirts here and ready when the car was delivered. I thought it was reasonable

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Now, when I opened this thread, I sure didn't think I'd see anything about SOCKS in it, but.. You gotta do what you gotta do! lol /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

I've had a North Face jacket for a few years now that just happens to be the EXACT same yellow (and black) as my MY Z06. So, those two go together nicely, I suppose. But, again, I had the jacket first, and so I haven't really given much thought to buying clothes to match the car... Hmm...

A Z06 polo in ANY color sounds really cool, though! I'll have to look into one o' them!

-Kirk

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Now that I have a red/black Z I will put the yellow sox back in the dresser until I get another yellow Vet.....and yes, I have already bought 3 new pairs of red sox for the cruise in!

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
629 Posts
Sorry HarleyB but in most states it is illegal to wear an aluminum foil suit...

The police will arrest you for (drum roll please) RUSTLING!

Carl

1 - 19 of 19 Posts