Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming back from B/G check engine lite came on.When I checked code it showed it to be O2 right rear sensor.I cleared code but it came back about every 100 miles or so.I drove it 700 miles home and the car ran good.When under it today I found the R/T cat that is a slip fit between the headers and X-pipe had dropped down slightly causing the wire to come in contact with pipe.It did not melt through the heat sheilding on the wires,but it did melt some of the heat sheild away.I was able to rotate pipe back in place and clamp it..
Could this have caused any other damage?Would it throw the code if the wires just got overheated and not melted? I will probably replace the sensor but won't be able to for a few days.Sorry for the long winded explanation..any advise would be appreciated......Thanks :(

·
21,382 Posts
It wont affect the way the car runs. The rear O2 sensors just tell the PCM that the cats are working the way they should. Replace the sensor and all should be well.

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
What they said. :yeadog:

What code did you get?

One other thing to check is Fuse # 15 under the hood. If this is blown you will get codes PO133 and/or PO153 if I remember correctly. :cheers:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Wingnut said:
What they said. :yeadog:

What code did you get?

One other thing to check is Fuse # 15 under the hood. If this is blown you will get codes PO133 and/or PO153 if I remember correctly. :cheers:
PO157..heated ox sensor #2.. bank #2..Same code each time.
THANKS....It really took no effort to twist that R/T cat and pipe back up..it just kinda rolled downward and when it did the wires touched the hot pipe..Probably should clamp both sides.... :thumb:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts