Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to lunch with Adman from the Corvette Forum today. He installed the rear brake ducts that he painted white on his coupe about 4000 miles ago. I looked at them up close and even though they take a beating, the paint was not scratched at all. He did explain that he used the proper procedure for painting plastic, including the flexible primer and paint.

We mentioned this to the painter at the body shop that is doing my Spectre Werkes rear fascia installation and he agreed that the paint, if done properly is very durable. He then suggested that that I should have my brake ducts painted silver to match the wheels and the silver stripes that I'm going to have installed.

I really can't pciture this. What do you guys think?

------------------
SSPORT IT UP!!!

E-Mail: [email protected]
National Corvette Museum Member #4641
2001 Speeday White Z06 Corvette SS
2001 Navy Blue Metallic Coupe

·
Registered
0 Posts
David...we've never known you to ask opinions. I think you REALLY know what ya want to do. Go for it Bro!!!

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Registered
528 Posts
I think this should look really good, but it is kind of hard to picture. If you do it and don't like it i guess you can always change it back.
If you do the painting be sure to post pics.

------------------
My Web Site

01 Z06 - No time slips yet
92 RS ProStreet Camaro - Best E.T to date 10.15 @ 136 mph (all throttle no bottle)

·
Registered
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fcalmes:
David...we've never known you to ask opinions. I think you REALLY know what ya want to do. Go for it Bro!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Frank, you're onto me. I thought I'd ask anyway as the forum needs more traffic plus I need to up my post count so I can become a Z06 Addict.

Actually, what I'll probably do is buy an extra set, have them painted and see if I like them. They are easy enough to switch out.

[This message has been edited by CorvetteSS (edited 01-18-2001).]

·
Registered
0 Posts

------------------
Frank Calmes Quicksilver 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, B&B PRT's with Speedway Tips, Ripper Shifter with Momo Knob, Chrome Z06 Wheels

Sherylann Calmes Black 2001 Z06
Vortex Rammer & Power Duct, Chrome Z06 Wheels

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
I thought I was going to paint mine to match the body but I like the contrast with the silver body, black tire, silver wheel, black duct, silver screen. I even added a little more screen. Also painted the 0 white and the 6 blue.

------------------
Tom
Quicksilver/Red Z06
Corsa Indy, B&M Ripper, Corvette Concepts Ram Air Induction

www.c5frc.com

[This message has been edited by FRC Tom (edited 01-18-2001).]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts