Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we know how many they are going to make ?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Gm's 2006 Z06 marketing plan calls for 5,600 to be sold. However, both GM and all of its external supplier have to produce components for at least 7,000 car should roll out and demand go just right.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
7000 $75,000 cars? Hhmmm.. not even Porsche could pull that off.

Dodge can barely handle 2000 Vipers a year... and Ford have yet to sell 75% of their GT's...

Looks like I will be buying me a real cheap new-old-stock C6 Z06 about this time next year ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
RC45 said:
7000 $75,000 cars? Hhmmm.. not even Porsche could pull that off.

Looks like I will be buying me a real cheap new-old-stock C6 Z06 about this time next year ;)
That is my hope! :)

...but we'll see...

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I agree price is high but I think it's safe to say corvette has a stronger following than most of the other cars out there in the US anyway.
Brian

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
The price is Fair at 75G's, but IMO the demand for a Sport Car in that price range is not there. If the General builds 5,500 Z06's the market will be flooded and there will be lots of them sitting on Dealers lots. :cheers:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
IT L GO said:
If the General builds 5,500 Z06's the market will be flooded and there will be lots of them sitting on Dealers lots. :cheers:
I guess that could be a GOOD thing!

Charlie

·
Registered
215 Posts
Thats a good thing if you want one at 5k off MSRP! I want them to only make 3,000 of them so my value will stay a bit longer! :)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
PimpDadd said:
Thats a good thing if you want one at 5k off MSRP! I want them to only make 3,000 of them so my value will stay a bit longer! :)
There's no doubt that the C6 Z will offer phenomenal "bang for the buck" even at $65-75k, but I would't hang my hat on idea of retaining a lot of value. Enjoy the car for what it is, I'm sure you won't want to sell it once you drive it anyway. :cheers:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts