·
Registered
17,744 Posts
!!!! NEW ZO6 2006 WILL BE PRICED STARTING @$76,000 ++++

They won't be flying out of the Showroom's at that price. :NoNo:

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Is that MSRP, OR what that dealership will be charging????

·
Registered
693 Posts
It's a used car/restoration dealership that is guessing. If they get it right they are just lucky & they may be. :-?

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Well, since no one forsure knows the price of the C6 Z06, and they are advertising a price, they're obviously not very honest, thus I would not do business with them.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
They just said that to make it look like used Z06s are cheap at their price. They also said the Z06 has: "Z-51 PERFORMANCE HANDLING".

I thought the Z06 had it's own special suspension ... not the Z-51 package. :-?

Don't trust used car salesmen. :drunken:

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Anyone who thinks a 2004 Z06 will be a "rising investment", probably doesn't know their head from their ass. I doubt they know much about 2006 Z06 pricing.

However my budget for a new C6 Z06 is $80,000.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Did you see the Z06 Clone they are selling? Its just a base model. Call for pricing? Give me a break, like they have something special.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yeah,

That "rising investment" thing made me chuckle too. Pure 100% grade A bullpucky.

John.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Most of the car mags have been hinting at a base price of about 65K. I think 76K could be the price of a fully optioned model, and conveniently just below the cost of a Caddy XLR. Considering the source, this dealer wants to use the most expensive price to give them headroom to sell their pre-owned inventory.

Although there seems to be an "expensive Chevy" prejudice here and elsewhere, frankly, this car will rock the world of anything else--and I do mean anything else--up to Ford GT prices, which last time I checked was about 150K plus whatever the dealer adds on. I do not think 76K is unreasonable. No Porsche short of a Carrera GT will be able to hang....

The griping appears to be that expensive Chevys do not have enough prestige for some--it won't be that the new Z doesn't have enough performance. If prestige is what you're after, go buy a 1935 Bugatti; if the best performing car in the world next to a Ferrari Enzo is what your after, get the Z. :yeadog:

·
Registered
240 Posts
MikeH'sZ06 said:
Wouldnt that be a "resale" price after they buy it from a regular dealer? Based on an assumption on their part that the price will be 60 to 65K...
I agree,

I beleive people will be able to pick new Z in 60k to 70k range. (depending on options)
low option 60-65k
more option 65-70k

And i am sure thats what is going to be. 70+K, hehehe, no way!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
The regular c6's are not flying out the door here, especially if loaded. The dealer near me has 2 that have been there 3 weeks. The my conv. is loaded including power top stickers about 64. The salesman said the sales people were betting it would be gone before the first weekend. Looks like he sure missed that one.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Well we won't know until we know, but I'll say it again. If GM overprices the car at that level, then once the gotta-haves get, it will sit on the lots.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
It's a used car lot,they will say anything to sell stuff :lol:
I wonder if they have any managers specials :lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
AndyZ06 said:
At $76,000, they're going to need some insane performance numbers to sell.
I agree 100%. The Z06 will perform no doubt about that. But $76,000 is a lot to ask for any American made car. For GM to sell the 20% of all Corvettes as Z06's like they want to, they'll have to list the car in the mid 60's. Otherwise, it'll be the ZR1 all over again. Unless of course they decide to make it limited production run and only offer production numbers similar to the Viper. GM sold tons of C5 Z06's because they are a performance bargain. Near Viper performance for a lot less money. I think (and hope) they learned something from that.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Chrisrokc said:
I am hoping for 65k out the door with every performance related option and nothing else.
Maybe not that total out the door price. But I'd bet you're close. I'm thinking $67K to $68K out the door.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts