Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, with the lay off and all, I felt like I should go hang out at my girlfriend's during the wait to find a job. So I shoved all my crap in storage and packed up the Z and drove out here Saturday.

I have no tools, and no place to work on my car here, so I'd appreciate it if someone could recommend a dealer to goto for service.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
N4C5S said:
These are crappy times Mike, we'll find other jobs bro.......

JC
Indeed they are. I'm sure I'll find something eventually. I just can't help being pissed at the people that hyped up this internet crap without understanding it, and when it didn't turn out the way they wanted, the killed it.

You'd think coming from the security field, I'd be able to find a job. Seems bottom lines are more important than security these days.

Oh well, I'm going to have a nice little vacation. :)

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
Well, the smaller companies and even some that got to be very large (like mine) knew what they were doing, but in the megalomanical management era they wanted more and more.....They got so greedy that they started running things like the Andersens and D&T's and it failed.....

As I always say, the internet didn't fail us, we(they!) failed the internet......

JC

·
Registered
30 Posts
Local dealers....

Try Casa chevrolet on Lomas. The vette tech there is Scottie. He is well regarded in town.

As far as I can tell, I am the only member in ABQ. There are several Z06's here, but I don't think any are on the forum. Are you moving to Albuquerque or just visiting? I am the VP of engineering for a software company here in town. What kind of work are you looking for?

maule

·
Registered
2,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Maule: Thanks for the info man.

I'm actually trying to relocate out here. I _HATE_ the silicon valley, and have been trying to leave for awhile. Currently I'm sort of half visiting, half living here (at my girlfriend's - she is going to grad school here).

As far as type of work, well... I've been doing QA for the past two years (security/unix/network stuff), and unix admin before that.

So anything unix-related (aside from programming - I'm pretty damned rusty right now) would be great. I've really been looking for security admin/engineer type positions, but I'm flexible. I went to work last year for a B2B/P2P-smoke-and-mirrors-startup-that-failed.

You can see my resume at: http://www.garfias.org/~mike/resume.html
Or I can toss you a word doc, whichever you need.

Thanks again.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts