Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got an early christmas gift late last week......

rolling down the freeway, when i look to my left and see a 2001 porsche 911 TT coming off the entrance ramp. we pull along side each other, and check out each others rides. (what a sweet car the 911 tt is!)

we slow to about 40mph, then he nails it, i nail it......and we stay glued to each other until about 140mph. we did this two more times, with the same results.

wow, i had my previous 2001 z06 for 10 months and NEVER found a single race......this was freakin awesome to finally find a race in my 02.

merry christmas all....!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Where in Ohio did you find a place to do that? Ohio is "famous" for its aggressive State Patrol! You are lucky you did not get a different type of present after that experience!

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
Good race story.

Get a ticket for 140 mph??

I have no experience, but have heard that some states will put you in the pokey (felony?) and impound the car. The tow truck driver will usually trash it and then the locals will strip it while in the impound lot. Can u buy insurance with a 140 mph ticket on your record?

Seriously, anybody know of such an experience???

:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
A freind of mine got a ticket in his 300ZX here in florida doing 130 a couple of years ago. They took him to jail and charged him with wreckless driving. I think it is still a misdemeanor, but he had to pay expensive legal costs and it wasn't fun. As far as the car getting impouded, I think you can pick it up immediately for a moderate towing fee.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I am not taking chances. I have WAY to much to lose either getting caught or crashing. I am 30 minutes from Nelson Ledges and 2 hours from Mid Ohio, so I will take my Z06 there when I have the "urge."

·
Registered
111 Posts
Twin Turbo boy said "why did I spend $125,000 on this piece?" And if I blow the motor its $35,000 and change.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts