Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

A question about the memory package on the Z. If I leave the car un-locked, when I get in and insert the key the seat will not move.
I have press one of the numbers on the door. However, if I use the remote to un-lock the car, then when I insert the key it works fine. On my 99, when I insert the key, it will adjust to the settings every time regardless if left un-locked or not.
Did I program the memory package wrong?

Thanks

·
Registered
695 Posts
You're OK...it drove me nuts at first also.
Here's the scoop. Just hit the "unlock" button on your key fob. Then when you put your key in, the seat comes forward.
Me thinks they are trying to tell us to lock your car at all times...like I'm going to lock it when it's in my garage!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Ditto...Some times if you open the door before removing the key, it will do the same thing. :cheers:

·
Registered
298 Posts
I believe each of the two key fobs are recognized by the car differently. This is convenient if you have two drivers driving the car (i.e. husband and wife) When the wife hits unlock on her fob, it knows it's her and adjusts the seat, radio presets etc per her last configuration when she inserts the key. Likewise when the husband hits the fob.

When you don't hit the fob, the car doesn't know it's you.

I could be wrong but I think they mentioned it in the owners video.

I hope I'm right :)

Paul

·
Registered
46 Posts
The memory package also retains the temperature setting when you hit the programming button. You have to read the additional glossy operational folder that the dealer is supposed to give you at delivery.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jim, just go to your local Chevy dealer and ask him for the glossy folder. It explains a few other things better than the operator's guide.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Hossman is right. My dealer explained that each keyfob is recognized deifferently. One is labled 1 and the other 2 on the back.

If you are tall and your wife is short, you probably wouldn't appreciate inserting your key and having the seat pushing you all the way into the steering wheel if the seat was last at your wife's setting.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You're OK...it drove me nuts at first also.
Here's the scoop. Just hit the "unlock" button on your key fob. Then when you put your key in, the seat comes forward.
Me thinks they are trying to tell us to lock your car at all times...like I'm going to lock it when it's in my garage!
I bet I can get into your locked garage easier than I can get into your locked car. Not that either one is hard to do.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts