Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last winter I noticed a QS Z06 parked at the end of my street. It was the first Z06 I'd seen in person, and I was /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif and /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif that the guy would actually drive it in the snow, and that it was always parked outside.

Anyway, I've never run across the guy, so I didn't have a chance to talk to him about the car. In the last couple of months the car hasn't been around, so I assumed he sold it due to kids/practicality (there's a lot of kids toys in the yard).

Tonight I was walking back from dinner (hey, I don't have my Z06 yet, so I'm walkin' /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ) and the guy's wife was out watering the brown weeds (might have been flowers at one point - we need RAIN /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif ) so I walked up the drive and asked her where the Z was. She said they were getting a new Black 02 tomorrow, and they got rid of the QS 01 a few months ago because of oil leaks (big stains in the driveway /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif ).

Turns out they are getting their Z from the same dealer I am, and that their car was delivered to the dealer today after coming off the line Friday. Well, this of course means mine can't be too far behind! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I invited the couple to my BBQ next week, and told them about the forum (which they already knew a little about). They told me that there were two other Z06's within 3-4 blocks of our houses! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
670 Posts
Small world!

I just noticed an '01 MY Z06 a couple of blocks away... Haven't had a chance yet to do the intro's.

Ps. He parks it outside! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_eek.gif

·
Registered
9,411 Posts
HEY! I park the Z outside....only cause I have to though....Come to think of it, I haven't slept well since last August 17th....hmm

Nice work Lamb...

JC

·
Registered
0 Posts
Very cool!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif I bet you have yours by Saturday!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

On 2001-08-08 22:03, TravisLamming spewed forth this drivel:
Im out in brighton L, where are you at? I cant wait for my car!

I'm in Royal Oak, north 'burbs of Detroit. Hope to meet you at the BBQ....directions are in the thread on CF - follow the links from the other post here. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soon your wait will be over. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_cool.gif

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeehah!

I was just in royal oak today, fun town, lots of cuties.

Lots of wierdos too!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mr Lambinator:

Neat story! You should get your car any day now!!! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zippy /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Z

·
0 Posts
That's funny .... small world for sure. There is a guy who owns/managed a small hotel over in town, about 2 miles away from me ... he has a Torch Red Z06 always parked outside of the place. I see him once in a while on the road, and he waves back all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts