Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why I waited so long to buy this shift knob! :eek:: When I was first shopping for a shift knob (about a year ago) I came close to buying this but decided to go with a competitor's shift knob (don't want to mention names and direct comments at any company). Turns out the competitor's shift knob wasn't what I was looking for. I sold that knob and went back to the stock shift knob while I looked around for a new one. I posted a thread asking for help and you guys came through with flying colors. I want to thank everyone who gave me input and posted pictures to help me make a decision. :thumb:

http://zo6vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77020

I'm very happy with my pistol grip! The knob is just the right size and weight to compliment my aftermarket shifter. Shifts now come smooth and easy.

BTW, I went with the silver pistol grip. I would post pics but I don't have a digital camera anymore.

Alex :cheers:

·
Registered
5,484 Posts
Congrats Alex, glad you got what you wanted :cheers:
Get a new camera Bro and snap some pics :yeadog:

Jack

·
Registered
229 Posts
congrats glad we could help out
\

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
MGW Shift Knobs are the best !! :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice - I'm going to put my gray pistol grip on this weekend. I have to get the demon key out though - luckily I've been lifting weights.

Does it sit any lower than the stock shift knob?

·
Registered
6,083 Posts
McShane said:
Nice - I'm going to put my gray pistol grip on this weekend. I have to get the demon key out though - luckily I've been lifting weights.

Does it sit any lower than the stock shift knob?
I have the same one and yes it does sit lower. The threads go deeper so you can screw it down further.

Good luck with the properly named "demon key". :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IT L GO said:
MGW Shift Knobs are the best !! :thumb: :thumb:.
I agree!! It's a lot of fun to drive the car again! I always look forward to taking it for a spin.

Alex :jammin:

·
Registered
967 Posts
For those of you that like to take your car down the strip, you should seriously consider the MGW T-Handle shifter.
Makes the 2-3 shift very easy & difficult to miss.
I wouldn't recommend it to those of you that like to road race though.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, that T-handle looks really cool. :thumb: How come they don't have that on their site?

·
Registered
967 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
Hey, that T-handle looks really cool. :thumb: How come they don't have that on their site?
Don't know why. They've been available for quite a while now. :-?

I'd suspect they'd sell quite a few if people were aware of them.
I just happened to stumble on a thread with a picture of it a while ago, and since I havn't seen it since, I'd thought some exposure of this shifter would bring it to light for people that would benefit form a shifter of this sort.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
tlaselva said:
Don't know why. They've been available for quite a while now. :-?

I'd suspect they'd sell quite a few if people were aware of them.
I just happened to stumble on a thread with a picture of it a while ago, and since I havn't seen it since, I'd thought some exposure of this shifter would bring it to light for people that would benefit form a shifter of this sort.
I remember seeing it before. They should put it on their site, because they're definitely missing out on more sales. :guiness:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts