Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

alot of people have emailed me wanting updates on the final design shift knob we are making. well i have some news. the new bands samples came in today and they look great. i will now be able to make the final design changes to incorporate them and hopefully will have them done by mid to late february.

also i only have ten of the prototypes left at only 30 bucks and i am also giving a great deal to all those guys that have bought the first run. you can also upgrade to the new style knob if you like for only 30 also. thats 2 shift knobs for 60 bucks. not a bad deal seeing as alot of crappy knobs out there sell for that :):)

if you would like one of the first runs ( only in grey left) call me asap at 706-793-1770

regards
george
www.mgwltd.com

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I'll be talking to you George! Still loving my prototype..... but looking forward to the final product w/ shift pattern. :cool:

You ready to go back to the strip yet? :D

I know Dennis S. will be chomping the bit with his new '02 Red/Mod Red.... :yeadog:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
George,

It's hard to tell from the pictures, what is their diameter compared to the stock knob? (larger, smaller, same)

Thanks

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Whoops, sorry! Must have some how overlooked that reply.
Thanks

·
Registered
298 Posts
Just ordered one of the prototypes about five minutes ago..can't wait to get it.

Has anyone compared this knob to the hardbar? I would assume that they would feel similar.

Thanks for being here George!

Paul

:z:

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
George,

Any way you guys could make a knob with a 12v button-switch integrated into it?

I really need something like this for my nitrous setup, and am exploring all options...the stock knob is so small that it will be hard for me to install a stealth-looking button.

Thanks!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
WE HAVE OUR KNOB THREADED SO DEEP AND CLOSE TO THE TOP TO MAKE SURE IT SITS LOW THAT I AM NOT SURE IF WE COULD HAVE ENOUGH ROOM.

WE MAY LOOK INTO ANOTEHR DESIGN FOR THAT IF THESE SELL WELL

oops sorry for yelling :)

george

·
Z06 Power Adder Authority
3,265 Posts
MGWLTD said:
WE HAVE OUR KNOB THREADED SO DEEP AND CLOSE TO THE TOP TO MAKE SURE IT SITS LOW THAT I AM NOT SURE IF WE COULD HAVE ENOUGH ROOM.

WE MAY LOOK INTO ANOTEHR DESIGN FOR THAT IF THESE SELL WELL

oops sorry for yelling :)

george
I can get a very small button to you, if that would help.

I may just try and modify the stocker. I'm gonna figure it out one way or another. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got back from a trade show in LA and found the prototype shifter waiting for me. It is a thing of beauty. Very nice workmanship. I have tomarrow off which is great since I can"t wait to put it on. George, with the protoype looking so good, I can't wait to see the final version. Thanks for time you spent with me on the phone the other day.

Doug

:cool:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
George,
It's mid to late February now, any new updates? My Hurst just arrived and I've decided to top it off with your final design. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i am running them right now as a matter of fact and hope to have some pics by end of the week!!!

regards
george

·
Registered
338 Posts
George,

Please include me in your first run order, thanks!

Bob Hardt

and Chris, when did you get the Borlas???

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
George,

Do you have any pictures of the version with the shift pattern on them yet?

Also, has anyone found this knob comfortable when gripping from the top? It looks like it will definitely be great when side gripping.

- Charley

·
Registered
338 Posts
I have the prototype and find myself gripping it either way. Both are great. I feel its the best shifter knob on the market. Just waiting for the 6 speed pattern one to come to market! I have seen one with the pattern on it, well done, you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
George, please let me know when the new pieces are ready - I am ready to get in line for one! :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts