Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got done with the last 2 weeks of below freezing weather here and decided to purchase new tires for the car. Well that is a problem if you want Michelin Pilot 4S's for your ride.
I first tried my Chevy dealer as they will price match any written offer from the big retail/discount tire sellers. The parts guy told me that the sizes I wanted were showing all zeros in his system for both the front and rear. That meant no tires from their distributor. They tried to sell me some run flats, no, they tried to sell me some all-season tires, no. So I told him I would find them my self. Nope. Tried Tire Rack, Discount Tire, and a few others the answer was the same. No Pilot sport 4S in 275/35R18. I was able to find the rears on Wednesday and had them shipped, arriving today via UPS.
I called Michelin and asked when they thought they might crank up production? "No production scheduled in the near future". Wow. So went back to Tire Rack to get on the "wait list" as there are 20 other tires already sold before me. So now I'm 21 and 22 on the list. Hard to believe that you can't get a tire for your car. I still have some tread left on my original tires but the cords are just starting to show on the inside edges.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Its that time of the year when cant tires for the vette . Production will start up again that supply will last only so long. it happens with 4X4 tires also

1 - 3 of 3 Posts