Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires

Well, Im going bald and will soon need some tires. I've noticed that the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires are being used for Lingenfelter's commemorative 725 hp c6. I figure if it's good enough for this guy it should be good enough for me. Any comments?

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
From what I have read they seem to be a hot setup ! :cheers:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Been one them for almost a year, 8k, and they ride better, quiter, better rain handling, wearing well, 7/32 left on rears, 9/23 front, and the dry handling is on par or even better then the SCs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How do they compare to stock f1s in dry weather. How do they compare to nitto r2s in dry weather. thanks

·
Registered
1,590 Posts
A set of PS2s will be on my car before the end of March. LPE and Mallet had nothing but great things to say about 'em, that plus the C5R switch from GY to Michelin last season really made a difference in Corvette ALMS competition this year - I believe they one their class in every race. Some of that technology is supposed to be in these tires

Yeah, the cost over the GYs is a few bills, but tires are one of the most important suspension mods you can make and I think the PS2 combination of superior dry AND wet handling combined with effective treadwear that lasts more than the 10k some other tires get are all strong points in their favor. The tire rack rep also told me they are even lighter than the F1s. Reductions in unsprung and rotational weight are noticeable performance enhancers in their own right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts