Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ! I have a question on the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires. They evidently are not made any longer and I need some more tires for my 2006 Z06? I really liked the PS2 performance especially on the track. Does anyone know about the Pilot Sport 4S and how it compares?
Thanks !

·
Registered
271 Posts
When I was doing my research, before I bought my PS4S tires I called Michelin, and their response to me was why put the PS2 on your car when the 4S was designed to replace it ,and in their statement to me was it's a better tire all around. So I replaced my OEM Goodyears with 4S' and could not be happier. Unfortunately I only have about 400 mile on them so I can't give you a full review ,but I would not hesitate to put the 4S tires on my car again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Bruno! I thought that was the case. I have read some great reviews on the tires so I will likely give them a try!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello ! I have a question on the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 tires. They evidently are not made any longer and I need some more tires for my 2006 Z06? I really liked the PS2 performance especially on the track. Does anyone know about the Pilot Sport 4S and how it compares?
Thanks !

I haven't replaced mine in a while but when I did I had the same questions. I ended up on the Calloway Web Site and they had a link showing recommended tires for their cars.
I put these on - (not CUP tires):

·
Registered
271 Posts
I did not want to go back with runflats so the 4S was the most logical replacement for me. The tires overall look bigger than the Goodyear's they replaced. The ride quite a bit better not nearly as stiff. I have not really put the tires to an all out test, however the traction under moderate acceleration is better than before. The car was out of commission for about 5 weeks while I was waiting to get the clutch master cylinder replaced, so I have not been able to put many miles on them, yet. I can say that I would definitely put the same tires back on.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Al,
How do you like them ?
I like them. I live in Santa Cruz Ca and you have to drive a 4 lane road over the moutain (just a couple of big hills really) to the bay area but the twists and turns make it fun. I hard part is picking a drive time when the traffic allows some fun. I drove this car at Leguna Seca when it still had the CUP tires on iit. Chewed them up pretty good that day but I knew that would happen before I went down there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did not want to go back with runflats so the 4S was the most logical replacement for me. The tires overall look bigger than the Goodyear's they replaced. The ride quite a bit better not nearly as stiff. I have not really put the tires to an all out test, however the traction under moderate acceleration is better than before. The car was out of commission for about 5 weeks while I was waiting to get the clutch master cylinder replaced, so I have not been able to put many miles on them, yet. I can say that I would definitely put the same tires back on.
The hard part for me with these tires is that they do not have a EMT option. I drive around town at 55mph of course-😂-NOT ! I have not been on the track for a long time, but I anticipate going back at some point. Thanks for the input

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I like them. I live in Santa Cruz Ca and you have to drive a 4 lane road over the moutain (just a couple of big hills really) to the bay area but the twists and turns make it fun. I hard part is picking a drive time when the traffic allows some fun. I drove this car at Leguna Seca when it still had the CUP tires on iit. Chewed them up pretty good that day but I knew that would happen before I went down there.
Sounds like you use yours a lot also. Well all of the discussion has given me a lot to think about !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just replaced the 10 year old Michelin run flats with the Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. 2007 Z06.
Definitely rides better, traction is way better also!

·
Registered
9 Posts
My last set, last year, is Bridgestones : Front s007, Rears RE050A : $1297 at Discount Tires. Not much driving in a year but they feel good to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts