Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got a tripkit already and have been looking at it. It says We will be taking I-75 most of the way and then onto I-71 and also I-65. Anybody else going this way :-?

We are leaving Wednesday morning sometime :roll:

·
Registered
882 Posts
Also leaving Wednesday morning with an arrival scheduled for the Hampden Inn. :yeadog:

Perhaps there will quite a few adders along the way? :D

·
Registered
258 Posts
We will be leaving Cleveland Wednesday morning going down I 71. What are you thinking in terms of timing?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Nothing is concrete! Just an idea to leave Detroit by 8am? :eek::

Guess it is an 8 hour drive overall not wanting to set any speed records or accumulate tickets. :cool:

Would guess arrival at 71 would be in about 5 hours or about 1PM? :)

With planning we make make this more realistic. And with cell phones, should be easy to link everyone up. :D

Comments? Corrections? Additions? :crazy:

·
Registered
258 Posts
It would be good if we could link up. We have a TR 2004 Z06 that is stock at this moment.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Would like to join th eMichigan crew, but we're most likely leaving Tuesday...maybe Monday.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok, lets discuss this...

8 am start time? As I work nites I'm not sure how the traffic will be on 75 at this time though :-? I don't think there is a good time to be on 75 :rofl: I really don't want to get caught in morning rush (parking lot) commute :blush:

I was guessing 9 or 10 with pit stops. I'm not sure what is attracted to these cars more- dust or cops?? So, I'm not going to be in a real big hurry. No radar detector either :bmad:

2 way radio's work great also, but cell phones are ok too.

BlkZ06- Is sleep the same as rest?

Old Red- We won't be to you until afternoon at best, I think? Not sure, as of right now :roll:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Madvetter,

We may start and stop in Columbus for lunch. I have to work out the details. If you are actually coming thru Cleveland to pick up I-71, We will try to hook up somewhere along the way.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Old Red,

My map shows us going down 75 thru Toledo :-? and then down thru Dayton. I think from the looks of it, it shows us turning onto 71 just after Cincinnati :yeadog:

Is this close to you at all? Lunch sounds pretty good :yeadog: :D

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Zippy,

We will follow the scent of burnt rubber :p Have a good trip and we shall see you there :coo:

:cheers:

·
Registered
311 Posts
Madvetter said:
Ok, lets discuss this...

8 am start time? As I work nites I'm not sure how the traffic will be on 75 at this time though :-? I don't think there is a good time to be on 75 :rofl: I really don't want to get caught in morning rush (parking lot) commute :blush:

I was guessing 9 or 10 with pit stops. I'm not sure what is attracted to these cars more- dust or cops?? So, I'm not going to be in a real big hurry. No radar detector either :bmad:

2 way radio's work great also, but cell phones are ok too.

BlkZ06- Is sleep the same as rest?

Old Red- We won't be to you until afternoon at best, I think? Not sure, as of right now :roll:
I have a TR 04 and would be leaving AA on Wednesday also, sometime after morning rush hour like you were thinking. I would like to join the MI caravan. I will have a cell phone to keep in touch along the way also. I'll keep checking this thread as we get closer and as more of the details get worked out.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Madvetter,

We can probably meet up with you either in Cincinnati or somewhere on I-75. I will check on mapquest to see what works best.

Hope to see you on the way to BG

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Vettemann7, :ity: welcome aboard. I'm sure there will be many changes from now until we leave :crazy: Keep in touch.

Old Red, that sounds great. If you know your way around Cincinnati maybe we should meet up before we get there :D :yeadog:

I'm on the fence as to what time to leave...Once we get to BG I would like to clean the car up and then go to dinner before all the action starts. As this is my first Fest, I don't want to miss very much :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is our first one, too. We could cut across OH 18 to I-75 at Findley. If we met you there, there would be plenty of time to caravan together.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If you say so :D This is more your neck of the woods than mine :yeadog: Just don't get me to far off the beaten path ;)

What time is a good time to meet up? I can figure out what time to leave home from that :thumb:

Are we going to meet up at a rest stop, restaurant, or gas station. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Reproman- any more thoughts :-?

·
Premium Member
10,998 Posts
Old Red said:
Madvetter,

We can probably meet up with you either in Cincinnati or somewhere on I-75. I will check on mapquest to see what works best.

Hope to see you on the way to BG

Look up last years thread, I gathered everyone together at the White Castle in Florence KY. There should be a map and directions there. It was a good meeting point for people coming from the NE (Columbus) and the north (I-75 Dayton, Toledo, Michigan etc).

·
Registered
882 Posts
Madvetter said:
If you say so :D This is more your neck of the woods than mine :yeadog: Just don't get me to far off the beaten path ;)

What time is a good time to meet up? I can figure out what time to leave home from that :thumb:

Are we going to meet up at a rest stop, restaurant, or gas station. I guess it doesn't really matter.

Reproman- any more thoughts :-?
Hopefully, a few more will check in, then we can layout the best meeting points and times. :yeadog:

I travel Ohio a bit so any coordination there should be pretty easy. :eyes:

The opportunity for "sliders" sound like a real magnet! :sneaky:

1 - 20 of 59 Posts