Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sept. 15-16 Effingham, Illinois.

Last year they had 8,230 Vettes show up. Who's going this year??

I called Mid-America about a Z06 Corral, but due to limited parking, they will not have a corral for ANY groups. Next year they will have more land for parking and said they can host us then.

So...I'm going on the 15th of Sept. Can we all meet for like breakfast in Effinham and then drive to the event?? That way we will all be together.

What are your opinions? Who wants to go??

·
Registered
507 Posts
You know I'm there. Once we get a number for breakfast, I'll give you a name of a good place to meet for it. 20 to 30 should not be a problem.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'll be in Topeka, Kansas the week of 9/9 - 9/14 for the SCCA Solo II National Championships.
I suppose that Effinham, Ill. is on my way home, /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif Count me in! /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

·
Registered
298 Posts
If someone could get my damn order pushed through, I would definitely make it. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_flaming.gif

I went last year for the first time and it was a blast. I got up there all early thinking I would get into the "MY" special parking spots. WRONG!!! Hopefully they'll have a much bigger spot for hte Z06 corrall next year..........

S

·
0 Posts
My wife and I will be anywhere you say at anytime. We have less than a 2 hour drive I think...

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Count me in for Saturday. /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I just pre-registered, http://www.madirect.com/Madvet/funfestreg/MADFunReg.asp

Looks like the local hotels are all booked up, but I got a room for Friday in Casey about 32 miles away.

Frank, meeting for breakfast sounds good. What time & where do you guys want to meet up?

My pit crew (my wife and my three sons) will be coming in our Suburban.
Do you guys know, is there any place for them to park near the fun fest?

1985 Coupe/Red
2002 Z06 Order# DKFFMZ - TPW 8/6 - DOA /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif
2002 Z06/Millennium Yellow/Black/All but PSMs
Try #2 - Order# DNFM0T - TPW 8/20!!!

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Mrs Zippy & I are planning on it!
Frank, is it true you like "Steak & Beer" for breakfaast? LOL /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Kev: Do Mom & Dad still plan on being there? Hope so!

The Zipster /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif /phpBB/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Unfortunately, I have had to cancel my planned trip to Effingham, Illinois for the Fun-Fest. :(

For those of you going, have FUN, and drive safely!

Zippy :( :(

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
fcalmes said:
Sept. 15-16 Effingham, Illinois.

Last year they had 8,230 Vettes show up. Who's going this year??

I called Mid-America about a Z06 Corral, but due to limited parking, they will not have a corral for ANY groups. Next year they will have more land for parking and said they can host us then.
How about a Z06vette booth, probobly to late to set up now but that is some thing to think about for future events. Banners, T-shirts, etc.
Got to hit em and hit em hard.
VISIBILITY
I just ordered my winshiel banner, silver letters bordered in red.
WWW.Z06VETTE.COM acroos the top of my winshield. :D

·
Registered
507 Posts
Pat, you should be able to have the "pit crew" park across the road from Mid America. There is a strip of land between highway and RR tracks that they usually let non vettes park in.

Zippy, sorry to hear that you and Mrs. Zippy won't be making it. Maybe next year!!

JC, were is that plane ticket flying into? Have you tried Indy, its only 2 hours from airport to E-ham.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Thanks for the parking tip Kevin. My pit crew is going to go nuts with all of the Corvettes on display.

I hope the weather holds out for us, the 10 day forecast (for whatever its worth :roll: ) says mostly sunny, high of 80 degrees.

Sorry you won't be making it Zippy. :(
Any interest in the Route 66 Raceway Corvette Show Oct 4-7?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts