Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What was up with the #4 car blocking in the #3 car when they both pitted near the end? (Or was it #3 blocking #4? Whichever...)

Seemed pretty sleezy. It must have been on purpose.

novetteyet

·
Banned
809 Posts
If it was on purpose, which is what it sounded like from the other Corvette team, it was pretty bad. Especially considering pulling that stuff on a teammate (Fellows) that just lost his dad a little over a week ago.

Sal

·
Registered
361 Posts
Just a thought. I think it was horseplay.....probably something that came up in practice, who knows? They had 1 and 2 today with a LOT of time to spare, so i think #4 was just pulling a goof, maybe relaxing a bit too much knowing they had it in the bag.

I also wouldn't doubt that it was a crew initiated thing. maybe #3's crew has been running pits a little faster lately, so #4 decide to make sure they got out first...... :-?

I know it's a multi-million dollar business, but drivers historically have been the biggest cut ups around.

If you listened to Johnny O' talking at the end, he actually kind of snickered when he mentioned that Olivier had picked them in, then caught himself realizing the seriousness of the situation with Ron F.

Again, just my observation.

I was there and just finished watching the replay on Tivo. You could close your eyes and know instantly which cars had 7 liters of American V-8 under the hood-man they sound good.

They put a big hurt on the entire GT1 field. The Saleen stayed a consistent third, but the C6R's would catch it after driver changes handily. And, they generally were not drafting off each other to move around the track faster. I noticed they were keeping a rather large gap between them just about the entire race.............probably something to do with a small race they will be doing next month in France I suppose......

Rabid Corvette fans at the race. The area i was in would cheer them at every pass, even if they were passing a Porsche and it had nothing to do with position :sneaky:

Finally, they were interviewing Johnny O' in the tower prior to the race and he was of course, raving about the C6 production car. He said "any of you folks who own Porsches owe it to yourself to go drive a C6". Nice poke in the eye....

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Great pics!

I personally doubt the #4 intentionally cut off the #3, but who knows. The pit board guy was standing right in front of the #4 when he came into the pits and it looked to me that the #4 pulled as far up as it could. He might have thought it was enough. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. :cheers:

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
yeh and they KNEW neither one would touch the other, since they were determined to send them to France in one piece!

great pics!!!

·
Registered
2,375 Posts
It did look like a block on the tube. Fellows didn't try to pass him after it happened but it was raining. Don't blame him. It was a good race and they should do us proud in France. We shall see.

D.J.

·
Registered
196 Posts
On TV they said that the #4 car was penalized 20 sec. for a block in the pits which in turn gave Fellows #3 the win! I guess sometimes life IS fair.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
My day at Mid Ohio!

Notice the C6Z?

C6R's in traffic!

The races were good but just seeing so many C6 Z06's and getting a close look made the whole trip worthwhile. GM had quite a display and there were a couple of preproduction Z's driving around.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I like the pic. of the silver C6Z where the guy sets his notebook & drink on the rear decklid.:NoNo: What's wrong with people? $70k+ picnic table.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Great Pictures. :thumb: :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts