Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been to 2 DE’s prior to mods so had a performance baseline. The weekend was incredible! Only problem after 15 sessions was 3rd to 4th syncro gave out (second time). Did find that oil and water ran 20-30 degrees cooler even with double sessions (two of us driving) and brake dust was almost non existent. Able to brake deeper into turns and no fade! Had the DA shocks set on 3 but when moved to 4, there was a tendency to break loose coming out of turns. With that result was reluctant to go higher until I understood the dynamics of my setup.

IMHO, the cooler oil is due to alum. C5R valve covers (coils redeployed to driver side wheel well) that provided improved cooling and the LG air ducts blows the dust out.

02 Z06 Mods: 20/19 w/335/295 Mich PS2’s, Comp cam/valve train upgrade, pully, Vortex intake, fast intake/rails, alum f/w, stage II clutch, 3.90 rear, LG headers & air ducts, Penskey DA, with 14/13 Brembos – dyno 413 rwhp

·
Premium Member
4,018 Posts
Jim Holland said:
Been to 2 DE’s prior to mods so had a performance baseline. The weekend was incredible! Only problem after 15 sessions was 3rd to 4th syncro gave out (second time). Did find that oil and water ran 20-30 degrees cooler even with double sessions (two of us driving) and brake dust was almost non existent. Able to brake deeper into turns and no fade! Had the DA shocks set on 3 but when moved to 4, there was a tendency to break loose coming out of turns. With that result was reluctant to go higher until I understood the dynamics of my setup.

IMHO, the cooler oil is due to alum. C5R valve covers (coils redeployed to driver side wheel well) that provided improved cooling and the LG air ducts blows the dust out.

02 Z06 Mods: 20/19 w/335/295 Mich PS2’s, Comp cam/valve train upgrade, pully, Vortex intake, fast intake/rails, alum f/w, stage II clutch, 3.90 rear, LG headers & air ducts, Penskey DA, with 14/13 Brembos – dyno 413 rwhp
Good news, sounds like you got yourself set up fairly nicely!!

·
Registered
350 Posts
With or without the chicane? Get any lap times??

·
Banned
809 Posts
Sounds great! When you relocated the coils, did you need longer wires?

Got any photos of your car with the Brembo's on it?

Sal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts