Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Congrats to the Corvette racing team for car #4 Gavin/Milner for taking first place in the GT class at Mid Ohio even after getting clipped by a prototype car. Way to go! :thumb:

·
Premium Member
12,352 Posts
Been a really good year for Team Corvette, they are in the hunt for yet another team championship...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got back from the race. Not only an outstanding race - a HUGE crowd - never seen this many folks at the Mid-Ohio ALMS. It looks like the ALMS is gaining in popularity. Friday was a scorcher! But Saturday, race day was pleasant - we had some cloud cover and a breeze - but the race was hot!.

·
Premium Member
1,961 Posts
I really enjoyed the race. I love Mid-Ohio. I went back a couple years ago and did an event there. It had been nearly 30 years since my last visit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
#3 got busted up in the 1st turn at VIR this past weekend but the #4 led most of the race to take the win and the manufacturer's championship!

·
Registered
213 Posts
#4 led most of the race to take the win and the manufacturer's championship!
... and the driver's champinship, and the team championship. Is there anything else left of importance other than finishing 1-2 in the driver's standings?

As they say: Behind every great Corvette there's a Ferrari, a BMW, a Porsche...
:yeadog:

I will be interesting to see where the merger with TransAm takes the ALMS in a couple years. I see nothing but good things on the horizon with this merger, at least as far as Corvette Racing is concerned.

Ryan J

·
Registered
943 Posts
... and the driver's champinship, and the team championship. Is there anything else left of importance other than finishing 1-2 in the driver's standings?

As they say: Behind every great Corvette there's a Ferrari, a BMW, a Porsche...
:yeadog:

I will be interesting to see where the merger with TransAm takes the ALMS in a couple years. I see nothing but good things on the horizon with this merger, at least as far as Corvette Racing is concerned.

Ryan J
word :yeadog:

·
9,755 Posts
It was an awesome race (aside from the fact that #3 got all beat up). We were there Thurs/Fri/Sat. The ALMS cars were setting track records in PRACTICE :lol: :lol:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts