Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MIDWAY CHEVROLET IN PHOENIX IS LOUSY!

Emailed Fleet on the internet, got a price quote, got a trade-in quote on my Firehawk, went to the dealer, bargained for 2.5 hours, made the deal with the salesman (Steven) and his director (Matt). As they were doing the paperwork, a steaming load in a bad suit came up and told me that his guys were not authorized to make the deal as it stood and I was going to have to pay an additional $5,600.....FIFTY SIX HUNDRED DOLLARS!!! I had the quote in writing and accepted the deal. I have reported them to the BBB and to the local newspapers. What a lousy dealership. I ended up buying at Van Chevrolety in Scottsdale from the Fleet Mgr, Todd Knudson. Todd was upfront (trade was a little low, but what-the hell) and did everything he said he'd do. Great experience with Van! midway blows!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
GlenBo,

Thanks for the report, here in dealer exp we want The Good The Bad And The Ugly. Sorry bout the bad but you came away with the good..............

:cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Glen, I'm glad you ended up with Torch Red (I'm partial to it!).

I think some dealers think once a customer has picked out a car, they're gonna buy it no matter what. Lousy business practice, but unfortunately it probably works on unknowledgable folks:(

Our forum dealres treat customers right :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts