Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK-The folks at Horsepower Sales in Pompano Beach want you to know the next days for Mike Norris, Next Level Performance, to come to S. Florida and do dyno tuning are Friday, August 19 and Saturday, August 20th.
There are only three spots left for Friday. In order to have the dyno available on Saturday I will need at least 6 cars for Dyno Tuning. :yeadog:

We are also continuing the August special price of only $400 for tuning and dyno time. :coo:

To schedule a time please call Horsepower Sales at (954) 782-6700. I will go over any questions you have and look forward to bringing Corvette Owners in South Florida the tremendous tuning capabilities offered by Mike Norris.

Rog Preston

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
HorsepowerSales said:
OK-The folks at Horsepower Sales in Pompano Beach want you to know the next days for Mike Norris, Next Level Performance, to come to S. Florida and do dyno tuning are Friday, August 19 and Saturday, August 20th.
There are only three spots left for Friday. In order to have the dyno available on Saturday I will need at least 6 cars for Dyno Tuning. :yeadog:

We are also continuing the August special price of only $400 for tuning and dyno time. :coo:

To schedule a time please call Horsepower Sales at (954) 782-6700. I will go over any questions you have and look forward to bringing Corvette Owners in South Florida the tremendous tuning capabilities offered by Mike Norris.

Rog Preston
Mike Norris Dyno Tuning Days 8/26-8/27

Hey Guys: The dates should be 8/19 & 8/20. Apologize for the confusion. I have reposted with the correct dates.
Roger

·
Registered
963 Posts
Save your money boys, this is NOT a good investment!
Norris screwed up the tuning on my 2003 z06 after my h/c package they installed. Total waste time, money, effort and made me hate my car:(

This mistake must have cost me about $7k:(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ian,

Long time no talk. I am not feeling any love here ;)

I will be the first to admit that when Ian came along I was still pretty fresh with my tuning capabilities in the more aggressive packages.

This lack of experience at the time is one reason for Ian to be disappointed. I believe the other was that he had no idea that to get into the 425-450RWHP area at the time would be somewhat aggressive. With the exhaust package he had on the car I remember him coming in with ear plugs due to the noise or resonance. I also could never get her to idle perfect and we tried several times to get it right. We also had an issue that at a certain MPH (can't remember what it was) she would nose over on the road.

In the end Ian was as patient as he could be and I appreciated that. We talked actually about a twin turbo setup and he is definitely more of a refined HP guy then an old school musclecar guy. I am the same way. I prefer to drive the car, not have the car dictate how I drive.

I personally believe I have come a long way since then and still learn new things almost every time I tune. Ian may be mad at me forever and in a way I understand that. Hard to get over a bad experience. If I could earn his respect that would be great, but it is not ib ny control. Maybe a dinner at rachels will take care of things :thumb:

Best to you Ian and no ill feelings on this end. If you feel the same way for the rest of time, no problem as it is your choice and I respect that. I would like to shake your hand one day again.

Later All,

Mike Norris

·
Registered
963 Posts
Mike,
I will be happy to shake you hand if you have a check in it..... and i dont mean for a dinner!
regards
Ian

·
21,386 Posts
Allrighty then...

Let me step in here and have a word. Mike installed my head and cam package and I have not had any issues to this day. The car runs great and made 440 rwhp.

I'm very happy with the work Mike did for me!

·
Premium Member
652 Posts
This is a vendor's advertising post. Please do not use it to vent personal problems.
Thank you.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Mike's honesty moved him up another notch in my book. :thumb: :thumb:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Already have 5 signed up for Friday. If' there's interest we will try to schedule to get 3 done on Saturday. Please call us if you want Saturday-8/20-and will go over the particulars with you. :yeadog:

Roger

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the kind words from everyone for sure. I look forward to seeing a bunch of you next weekend. Later.

Mike Norris

·
Registered
963 Posts
Tom,
So where does one post about a vendors dishonesty?

·
Registered
963 Posts
IT L GO said:
Mike's honesty moved him up another notch in my book. :thumb: :thumb:
Strange response, you must also be proud of Hennessey Vipers in TX? Another ethical business :roll:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ian,

You are more then welcome to be upset with me if that gets you through the day. I just do not see the purpose of attacking another forum member as it gives you less credibility. You are a better person then that. I realize dealing with you on this situation is a dead end road and even if I owed you money, and paid you, that you would still act the same. Unable to make you happy? Sure. Dishonest? No sir.

As far as being dishonest, I believe I was more then forth coming in my previous post with our situation. I think IT L GO appreciates that I laid everything out there to be judged instead of being an ass and defending myself with lies. If I mistold the story in your eyes, it is to be expected you would see differently.

Moderators,

I apologize if I am outside the lines here and that things are going astray from the original topic. I am trying to not come across hostile as I am not upset at all except that Ian would bash another member for giving me credit. Thanks.

Mike Norris

·
Registered
963 Posts
Mike,
Let's move this to the Misc section and lets the facts speak for themselves.
Ian

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Ian,

You are more then welcome to start a new thread there as it is not my board nor my place to say if you can or can not. If you do start a thread, most likely I will just say what I have already mentioned by cut and pasting from here as to not waste time or effort. I do not see it doing anyone any good by starting a he said,she said thread, but it is a free country.

:cheers:

Mike

·
Registered
291 Posts
I have hard good things about Mike Norris from people at the track no less. It really looks here as if Ian is personally hurt and that he seems a little bit like an ass. I don't know either of you guys but Mike seems more like the guy I would do business with. I wonder if IAN has ever done anything wrong in any of his work experiences. I bet he has. Mike is actually on here admitting he was weak at the time and still has alot to learn. That sounds like a man that takes responsibility for his actions to me. I like that in a person and I am willing to forgive someone for making mistakes. I hope you guys make up and live happily ever after. I bet the good tuners on here know exactly what MIKE says is correct and they would take his side. I bet it is not easy to tune a car like ours, nonetheless, something like a lingenfelter h/c package. FRC tom any opinions on this? Good luck you two. :cheers: Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ok!

Thanks for the great response. Have pretty well filled up the day for Mike. 5 on Friday and 3 on Saturday (only can stay until 2 PM Sat).
Five on friday are: Junior, Mike C, John C, Lou C & John P. Have full slate of three for Saturday which I will confirm later today! :)

Roger

1 - 19 of 19 Posts