Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2015 Z06 with 65k miles on it. Still runs great. I have been looking at installing a pulley kit and Methane injection kit. I just want to know if I have to many mile on my car to do this? Thank you for any help or advise you can give me.

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,834 Posts
Before spending the money and labor going with a smaller SC'er pulley is go with a good tuner for the calibration
as not only raising performance from tune alone they can have PCM command a higher boost level and can command the pump doe inner cooler to come on sooner, which commanding the coolant fan to have a higher rotation and bit sooner then what stock GM tune is.

Installing water / Methanol kit is fairly cheap and not only reduces the amount of engine knock that would cause the PCM to pull timing out and killing torque.
This also then would allow a good tuner to add more timing, get better AFR fueling along with cooler charge to the cylinders along with cooling down the air in the intake manifold and allow PCM to allow higher torque
This also then helps keep the valves and tops of pistons free of any carbon buildup that increases the cylinder compression inducing more engine knock

I have used water / Methanol on all my Corvettes for many years with no problems when used with a good PCM tune.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts