Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just back from a 2,300 mile road trip and the Black Hills Corvette Rally in my 2017 Z06 with the Z07 track package so I have the Sport Cup tires. I now have a little over 9,300 miles on the original set of tires. There isn't much life left in the tires. I won't replace until next summer when hopefully I can get a set of the new All Season Michelins coming out on the C8. I was wondering what kind of mileage folks are getting on the Sport Cup tires. The dealer told me to expect 8,000 to 12,000 miles depending upon my driving. Seems I'm about mid range on that estimate.:grin2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Try cup 2, Super Sport or Michelin 4s and of course all of them should have the letter (y) in parenthesis= speed more then 300km/h.
Good luck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was doing pretty good with my SC2s, I was at 7100 miles and they looked good. Then I went to a track day...... burnt them off in about three hours. I think I could have made it to 10K easily. I replaced with the A/S 3s. I don't like them at all. Went from a race car to a Buick. Floats all over the place and feels like it's going to drive right off the tires. It rides better. No skipping in parking lot turns, and much quieter, but the firm grip and solid feel is gone.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Did you try Michelin 4S? Best tires ever.
Also the Michelin super sport have 300AAA, extra loading and some wide tires have 105(y). Everybody know that Michelin Sport Cups treadwear burn faster and last 10 000 miles.
Just try Michelin 4S and made in USA not europe + and they should have (y) in parenthesis as a letter code because some European Michelin don't.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts