Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I've spent the past week detailing my car in my spare time. Seeing as I haven't really detailed it in a long time and have been doing track events the car really needed some TLC. Luckily some clay from a local detailing supply store and my assortment of Meguiar's products did the trick.

First up my Z06... I used the following procedure.
1. wash
2. clay
3. Meguiars #82 swirl free polish (3 on their 10pt scale of abrasiveness)
4. NXT
5. Buff w/ microfiber towel

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84184

Next the girfriend's sweet 626 (hey it's paid for!). The poor car was in rough shape and hadn't been detailed in a long time. The inside was very nice, but the car is always parked outside under trees. I was very happy with how the car came out for a couple of hours work. She helped a ton, learned a lot, and loved the results.
1.wash
2.#82
3.NXT
4.buff

http://www.z06vette.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84184

·
Premium Member
4,362 Posts
Looking good! :thumb: I need to do the same, but a little too hot lately.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Nice job on both cars! Kudos to the time you put into cleaning them.

I have an '02 MY Z and came to the same conclusions. I have 2 cars in my garage already so the Z is usually covered in the driveway. Occasionally, I get caught in a random rain storm and she sits dirty for a few days until I get around to washing her. Zaino has performed flawlessly on mine so far.

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Shines like a new penny :jammin: :jammin:

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I guess I'll have to take everyone's word that the cars look great. Sorry I didn't get here prior to 8:45AM :D

Charlie

·
Registered
11,339 Posts
hey Brian glad you got that DE vette cleaned

sorry we didn't see you at the fest last week, hopefully you can make it next year :jammin:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess there's rules about pic sizes too.... geeze

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
I agree.Amazing how good ML can look ! VetteLes just detailed my car for me a couple of weeks ago. Looks better now than it did when it was new ! (Thanks Les!)

·
Registered
367 Posts
I always enjoy pics of your Z, Baron... besides the one in my garage, that is my favorite Z to look at!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Cobra...any chance you can resize the pic's and postem. I just love checking out freshly detailed MY Vette's. :jammin:

Silvertp

·
Registered
229 Posts
im sure it looks sweet brian, it says you need to resize your pics though, its only been a week since i jumped on this ship for a cruz and im already having withdralls, keep a look out for my vette being driving by a blonde (ambra). if you see her tell her to put my baby back in the garage..lol

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Cobra4B said:
I guess there's rules about pic sizes too.... geeze
If you'd like, send them to me and I'll resize them for you.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts