Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my rear end is leaky, so im taking her in to the dealer on thurs. theyre gonna do that, and i figured its about time to flush the brake fluid (cant do at home b/c of abs module). Now, i wanted to bring in some DOT 4 motul fluid, but ive been reading that they have a higher affinity for water, and thus get contaminated faster. how significant is this? i dont track much if any, but i run HARD on the twisties. i havent had problems with the stock fluid so i guess ill stick with it? thoughts? my dealer charges 79 for the flush if you bring your own fluid and like 170 of you dont!?!?!?! aka ripoff??? thanks guys. :D

ps. ive also been grinding when downshifting into 2nd intermittantly. its not so commonplace yet, so i doubt theyll do anything since i wont be able to show them whats up. i got me the extended warantee tho... so i dont care when it breaks!!! :lol:

·
Registered
292 Posts
re: downshifting.

I would have them write it up so it's documented early in the game. There's no downside to that. Let them check it out and make a decision.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Does changing the brake fluid from type 3 to something else violate any warrantee provisions? How hard is it to get all the old fluid out?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts