Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think the next thing I do to my c5z is get some bigger rubber on it. Anyone Minitubbed their c5z? What size tire did you go to? Did you gain more traction?
Any handling issues with the bigger tires. I know with motorcycles, larger tires slow the bikes ability to vector. Is that the same with cars? Thanks, and I hope you and yours are well.
zteve06
Blk 02 z06
Austin, Tx

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,860 Posts
I did almost 2 inches per side and use mostly a 335/30/18 and sidewall does not extend past the quarter panel

Attachments

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I had the mini tub done as part of my LPE package many years ago and I think they still sell the kit which allows the 335 or 45 rear tires to fit within the wells. I did not notice any ill handling effects with the wider rear tires and although I have traction issues with mine, if your motor is stock or near it I would guess you should see some improvement.

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I did almost 2 inches per side and use mostly a 335/30/18 and sidewall does not extend past the quarter panel
Thanks mike, but I thought the c6z came with 335 rubber, or are you talkin about your 01?
Zteve06

·
Premium Member
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the mini tub done as part of my LPE package many years ago and I think they still sell the kit which allows the 335 or 45 rear tires to fit within the wells. I did not notice any ill handling effects with the wider rear tires and although I have traction issues with mine, if your motor is stock or near it I would guess you should see some improvement.
Your car has 750 horsepower to the wheels!?! So I guess you Tubbed it just to back it out of the driveway? How fast is it?
Zteve06

·
Z06 Tech Advisor
1,860 Posts
Thanks mike, but I thought the c6z came with 335 rubber, or are you talkin about your 01?
Zteve06
Yes the C5 Z06,
700 HP at flywheel requires more traction but even 335s spin but not as badly with stock tire size.

Tubbing is really best as that allows rims with little offset so no added load in hub bearings.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Your car has 750 horsepower to the wheels!?! So How fast is it?
Zteve06
My car is not set up for the strip but with drag radials on a well prepared strip the cars are good for high to mid 9s with an experienced driver. LPE states the top speed at 230 but I have never been north of 180 although the rate at which it is accelerating at that speed I don't doubt it. The turbos don't know when to quit, you just need more road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think I should travel to everett to see the mini-tub..
Hi, saw this post about going to Everett for a mini tub. I'm in Everett, you saying theres a shop that installs these? Yes I see it's a old post. I'm just trying to reach out to anyone that knows a GOOD shop that can do this work. I'm getting my 03' Z in a month. And looking to get my Mini tub done. Thank you everyone!! Enjoy out there drive safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts