Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my Valentine 1 hard wired into my mirror in my '04 Z16. I know the detector is working because I tested it in my Tahoe. It seems the connection is not working where I hard wired it into my rear view. It has been working for 4 months and just stopped. I am guess it is a fuse?

I looked through the owners’ manual and could not find which fuse controls the mirror. The "map" lights come on but the auto dimmer feature does not seem to be working.

Can anyone tell me what fuse I should check or could there be another problem. I don't have a test light either!

Thanks

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I don't have my owner's manual or shop manual handy but just check the fuse panel next to the battery. When you remove the cover, the fuse diagram is in there and you will be able to locate the proper fuse.

Charlie

·
Registered
403 Posts
Just Happened to Me Too!!!

As our rides are often lowered ones, the headlights of cars and SUVs are killers.

I too have just lost my cromatic rear view mirror and driver's side mirror as well on my 2002.

Since both went simultaneously, the mirrors cannot be at fault, but rather, and hopefully, a fuse blew.

For the life of me I too could not find which fuse handled these mirrors.

Some wise one out there - help! :bs:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I found it.

Fuse #21 under the passenger floor panel. It is a 10 amp fuse. I am guessing for some reason my "hard wire" must have worked a little loose and the two wires touched and blew the fuse.

It is hard to find if you scan the owners’ manual because it is a shared fuse and it mentions the mirror last. I pulled a spare 10 amp fuse (using the provided fuse puller under the hood) from the panel under the hood. It looks like there are at least 6-8 spare fuses (thanks GM).

So now I can put it back in "GO FAST" mode with my Valentine One back "on-line"!

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Check the two lights on the bottom of the rearview mirror. (The two interior lights that come on when you open a door) They are on the same circuit and use the same fuse. If they are out as well then there is a good chance it's the fuse. The two vanity mirror lights would be inop as well. The fuse is in the fuse box on the passenger side beneath the kick panel. The fuse is #2, 10A (red color).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
IT L GO said:
Check the two lights on the bottom of the rearview mirror. (The two interior lights that come on when you open a door) They are on the same circuit and use the same fuse. If they are out as well then there is a good chance it's the fuse. The two vanity mirror lights would be inop as well. The fuse is in the fuse box on the passenger side beneath the kick panel. The fuse is #2, 10A (red color).
Sorry but not so, at least in my 2004 Z16. The "map" lights on the mirror worked fine. The sensor was not working. Fuse #21 was blown (it was under the passenger kick panel), when I replaced it the sensor light came back on and so did my detector. :)

·
Registered
291 Posts
Is the passenger side kick panel on the right side of the passenger foot space???? Is this the only place to look for blown fuses??? I thought I saw a fuse box under the hood. I will go look before I hit the road tonight. WHere is the fuse puller someone mentioned?????? I am ignorant of alot of things about our cars, BUT,,,,,, I am trying. Dr.Bigg

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Dr.Bigg said:
Is the passenger side kick panel on the right side of the passenger foot space???? Is this the only place to look for blown fuses??? I thought I saw a fuse box under the hood. I will go look before I hit the road tonight. WHere is the fuse puller someone mentioned?????? I am ignorant of alot of things about our cars, BUT,,,,,, I am trying. Dr.Bigg

Two fuse boxes. One under the hood and another under the floor in the passenger foot well (it's near the top under the the dash area) :cheers:

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dr.Bigg said:
The fuse puller is in the fuse box that is under the hood. That is where the spare fuses are as well. The diagram is in your owners manual 5-93 (I think).

Not sure what the problem is but my fuse blew again.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I just want to thank Z06string for posting what fuse it was. I blew that fuse over a year ago and my rearview mirror hasn't worked from that day on. I was able to fix it in about ten minutes thanks to the info in this thread. :thumb:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Many thanks!

Fuse Nr. 21 fixed me right up and saved me a big dealership bill for sure!

What a forum!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts