Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For the past week, my driver's side mirror has been moving to the furthest outward position every time I unlock the car with the keyless entry. At first I thought I was just going nuts, and maybe forgetting to set the memory, because I know the memory buttons store not only seat position, but also mirror position, radio presets, and heatimg/cooling settings. Well, I know it's not that because I've been moving the mirror back to my desired position and setting the damn memory every day for the past few days to try to correct the problem, but it isn't working! :mah:
I figured it was the keyless entry causing it to keep moving back for some reason, because I know the numbered (1 & 2 - they're numbered on the back) keyless entry "bleepers" coincide with the respective memory number, and automatically enable that memory number when you unlock the doors.
Well, I decided to investigate it, so I stood by the driver's side door the other day, and unlocked the car with the #1 keyless entry, and I saw the mirror moving outward all the way. It's weird because it's only the driver's side... of course - the side I look at the most. So, I know what's causing it, but I don't know why, or how to correct it!

Has anyone else ever had this problem?? If it's something I have to take it back to the dealer for, I guess I'll deal with it, but it's still a pain in the ass...


:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
It still sounds like the memory, its a bit tricky, put you key in that you use but with the car in stopped with the hand brake up, adjust the mirror and hit the 1 or 2 and hold it...

If theres a problem after that, there might be a loose wire somewhere, but if it is your car will start to get crazier and crazier everyday til you have that one little wire fixed :crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
COUTO1981 said:
It still sounds like the memory, its a bit tricky, put you key in that you use but with the car in stopped with the hand brake up, adjust the mirror and hit the 1 or 2 and hold it...

If theres a problem after that, there might be a loose wire somewhere, but if it is your car will start to get crazier and crazier everyday til you have that one little wire fixed :crazy:
Hey man - yeah, I tried setting the memory with the car on, off, stopped, moving, etc... yet the stupid mirror keeps moving. I thought maybe there was some trick I didn't know about to correct the problem, but I don't think there is. Also, a few times I've gotten in and turned the key, and the seat has moved allllll the way forward, basically pinning me against the steering wheel... annoying!! :mah: I'm thinking it's a loose wire somewhere like you said...

I think I'm just gonna live with it - unfortunately I only have a dealer warrantee left on my Zee, and I bought it at a dealer that's about 45 minutes away, so I'm not gonna bother taking it all that way. It's nice having options like memory settings, and 6-way adjustable seats... but the way I see it, the more technology a car has, the higher the chance something will go awry. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
Which numbner FOB are you using. The memory will go to the number FOB your are using. Look on the back of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
22655TD said:
Which numbner FOB are you using. The memory will go to the number FOB your are using. Look on the back of it.
Hey, I made sure I was using the #1 FOB... but just to test it out, I set the #2 memory setting with the mirror in the position I wanted, and then used the #2 FOB to unlock the doors, and again, the mirror moved all the way outward.
I'm thinking maybe it'll help if I just reset the whole system, and set the memory again...? Disconnecting the battery should reset everything, right? I just don't wanna mess with the PCM.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,852 Posts
Z06 Rocket said:
Hey, I made sure I was using the #1 FOB... but just to test it out, I set the #2 memory setting with the mirror in the position I wanted, and then used the #2 FOB to unlock the doors, and again, the mirror moved all the way outward.
I'm thinking maybe it'll help if I just reset the whole system, and set the memory again...? Disconnecting the battery should reset everything, right? I just don't wanna mess with the PCM.

I think its something very simple, diagostics will tell it all...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,127 Posts
There is also a learn mode for the FOB. Read about it in the owners manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,744 Posts
22655TD said:
There is also a learn mode for the FOB. Read about it in the owners manual.
Turn the ignition to ON.

Turn the radio to OFF.

Press the RESET button in order to clear any IPC warning messages.

Press and release the OPTIONS button on the DIC to scroll through the display options until the IPC display is blank.

Press and hold the RESET button for 3 seconds.

Press the OPTIONS button until FOB TRAINING message is displayed.

Press the RESET button in order to begin the programming sequence.

The message HOLD LK + UNLK 1ST FOB will be displayed.

Simultaneously press and hold the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the first transmitter for 15 seconds. The IPC will indicate when that transmitter is programmed and when to proceed to the next. Repeat this procedure for each additional transmitter or press the OPTIONS button to exit. :z:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
154 Posts
If all else fails, use Duct Tape.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top