Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just ordered a Valentine detector, where can I get the power cord that plugs into back of the mirror? :-? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
The V1 is the best detector out there. I love mine. I have never tried to pull power off the mirror, that would be cool.

·
Registered
882 Posts
You can try tapping there -- space is tight. :eek:

Or just run down the a - pillar and to the passenger side where the power "pit tail" is available. There is a switchable power lead as well as a ground lead. Use the supplied "telephone" cord with its fused connection box. There are many posts and pics on here about how to get the power. :)

I went down the drivers side but also had Raptors to power so kept everyone together. :cheers:

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think Chas has it, teambiker is where I got mine, takes a maybe 30 seconds to install, don't forget to make the connection your doors have to be shut

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I hardwired mine to the mirror about two years ago. Works fine, except unit restarts every time I put it in reverse. Take off the wire clip, and check for power with the key in the on position, and that'll give you the positve lead. there's lots of grounds, but use a tester to find. It's real easy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts