Registered
17,744 Posts
My Mobil One oil 10w30 has Green caps. :screwy:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DJWorm said:
Mobil has just switched their cap color system concerning the new extended run oil.
Thanks... that what I was hoping... the bottle says it meets GM 4718M which is the vette spec i believe... Costco must have just taken a few thousand palettes of the stuff off of Mobil's hands so that Mobil could empty their inventory and get the new oils and new cap colors in the stores.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I have both blue and silver top Mobil 1 5W-30 fully synthetic oil. It matters more what the bottle says than what color the tops are.

·
Registered
8,152 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
ZO6 AL-X said:
When I go to Target I can't find their Mobil 1 oil.
:-?
Hmmm... I wonder if they ran out of stock, or if that one store doesn't carry Mobil 1 oil at all... Have you by chance asked them if they ever carry it?

It would help you find out if you just have to wait for them to restock or if you have to get it somewhere else...

Let me know what you find out!

Geoff

·
Registered
806 Posts
I have seen both silver and blue. Silver looks to be their newer design. :usa:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Jofu said:
Hmmm... I wonder if they ran out of stock, or if that one store doesn't carry Mobil 1 oil at all... Have you by chance asked them if they ever carry it?

It would help you find out if you just have to wait for them to restock or if you have to get it somewhere else...

Let me know what you find out!

Geoff
I'm usually in a hurry and don't look for someone to ask. I'll have to check with someone next time.

Alex

·
Registered
184 Posts
Subdriver said:
That is the correct one. The new Extended Drain Mobil 1 does not meet this spec and doesn't have it on the bottle. :cheers:
Do you know if they're still going to produce the normal (non extended drain) synthetic? I'll be shopping for oil this weekend....

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
Z06 Fever said:
Do you know if they're still going to produce the normal (non extended drain) synthetic? I'll be shopping for oil this weekend....
Mobil 1 SuperSyn? They most certainly will. :ity:

·
Registered
259 Posts
gresch said:
Thanks... that what I was hoping... the bottle says it meets GM 4718M which is the vette spec i believe... Costco must have just taken a few thousand palettes of the stuff off of Mobil's hands so that Mobil could empty their inventory and get the new oils and new cap colors in the stores.
I personally use AMSOIL series 2000 0 W 30 and I don't worry about cap color. I'm old and get confused easy
:rofl:

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Z06 Fever said:
They are selling both kinds. So be careful when you shop that you pick out the one that meets GM 4718M spec. :cheers:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts