Corvette Z06 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to do some minor mods, especially to bring more exhaust note out. I've seen comments on Borla, Corsa and a couple of others. I don't wnat something that will bust my ears but would like more rumble out of that V8.
Seems the consensus is Corsa Indys? Looked that up on one of the headers. Seems they have the "touring edition" and the "pace car edition". Then there are "round tips" and "rolled tips". What the hell do I look for????
Have seen comments on the pre-cats. Is there an aftermarket pipe for this or does a muffler shop have to fabricate?? If these are gone, does that open up the sound?
Would really appreciate any comments on this issue. Also, my brother just bought a convert and wants to hump his sound up a bit also. Any different recommendations for the vert Vs. the Z06??
Also comments on the "X"/"H" pipe replacement appreciated.
Lastly, the Halltech intake seems to be the choice...and comments either way?
Thanks in advance...really want to do something and what better place to ask the qustions.

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
gbjerke:

I have used Corsa Indy's on my 99, Y2K, and '01 Z06.....Love the sound, especially when you back off the throttle and let the engine act as a brake...it pops and crackles!
Some do not like the "motorboat" sound, but that's ok with me. You might want to attend a local Vet show or club meeting to hear the different exhaust systems before deciding.

Good luck!

Your NCM Ambassador & Lifetime Member
Join the NCM! Call 1-800-53-VETTE
'01 Torch Z06, For Sale!
'02 Electron Blue/Black Coming in August!

·
Registered
496 Posts
I'm not sure where you got your concensus, but the B&B PRT's are the ones that give the runble you're after. The Corsa's sound more exotic, not old style V8-ish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts