Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering if this car is worth it or If I should look for a Zo6? Which isnt a smart question to ask on a Zo6 Forum. The C5 Forum never sent me the activation E-mail so I cant post there?

Here is the link to the Car that I might purchase

http://www.classyauto.com/30371

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'd say a lot depends on what you're looking for out of the car you buy. Give us some more info and I'll bet people will be able to give you a lot of good feedback. Welcome!! :cheers:

·
Registered
220 Posts
This Coupe has a lot of mods! To me that is a bad thing. The upkeep could be expensive! Also, I am always cautious of Nitrous cars.
I have a Coupe I was thinking of modding, but the money I would have to spend on it to just get to a ZO6's performance does not make that much sense to me.
Having owned both cars I would go with the ZO6 and spend your mod money there.
My 2 cents worth! :cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a Motor Head, I have a Pro Chassis Vega and A 13 second 6000 lb 4x4 Tahoe. I spoke with this person selling the car. Dyno Sheets @ 530 RWHP w/ NOS and 460 RWHP Without. Best Run @ track was 10.52 @ 130 MPH. He says that the suspension was upgraded and lowered 2". The only Stock parts on the car is the 6-speed and the Short Block. The car had 15,000 miles on the Heads/Cam 4000 Miles on the Rear End/Tires/Clutch/Brakes. He Says he has over $20,000 in reciepts. Blue book is $28,000 stock and it has 50k miles and is fully loaded. If I bought a Vette I woudl spend too much money just to get where this car is now. What are the main differences between the Z06 and this car?

Thanks

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
This car apparently has about 50m miles and has apparently seen a fair bit of drag strip time. I would spend a little more and look for a low mileage 02 Z. The Z is not just a frc with more engine hp. Virtually everything in the driveline is different. The Z is a BIG step up in handling. I think you will find it will be cheaper in the long run and you will be a lot happier.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I'm sure you'll find this as no shock, but I think most people here will guide you toward a Z. There are quite a few differences between a Z and a Coupe. If you are a gearhead and really want to build up a car, the Z is a better platform to begin with. I'd be a little scared of the coupe you are looking at because it sounds like it's been run pretty hard. I'd also be a little wary of future problems with all of the mods that have been done to the car. If you really want a modded car from the beginning, there are quite a few that come up for sale on this forum. Best of luck with your search!

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
That's an easy one, PASS. To many fish in the sea. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts