Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently picked up an 02 z06, car has extensive mods: headers, cams, heads, exhaust, intake. Besides running out of gas (thanks to the faulty gas gauge), the car recently started running rough and the check engine light has come on.

Code appears to be MAP Sensor Performance issue. (p0106)

Has anyone had issues after header install?
I think the check engine light came on due the rdg the 02 sensor were getting, just a thought.

Would 02 simulators/MIL sims take care of the issue?

I tried resetting the codes and disconnecting the battery but the idle is still all over the place. Driving the car didnt help, and there seems to be load on the engine when driving

Please help!!

thanks,
Jim

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
P0106: Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor signal not within predicted range for 2 seconds.
Inspect for:
- restrictions in the MAP sensor vacuum source
- MAP sensor seal missing or damaged
- vacuum hoses disconnected, lose, or incorrectly routed
- intake manifold leaks
- vacuum leaks at the throttle body

·
Registered
17,744 Posts
Erasing DTC Codes -- 1 of 1

You can acess all of the cars trouble codes from the dic and erase them! Here is what you do: Press and hold options and then press Fuel 4 times while still holding the options button you must do this quickly. A message will appear saying "Diagonstics" then it will automatically read off the codes. Like....02-PCM(No codes)....03-BCM(No Codes)...ect. if there is a code it will look something like this 02-PCM (1052H) NOTICE THE H at the end of the code, That represents a code that has happened in HISTORY. If there is a C after the code it is CURRENT. To clear the codes let it automatically cycle through the codes then it will come to (MANUAL DIAGNOSTICS) this is where you can clear codes. Use the options button to scroll forward and the TRIP to scroll backward find the code(s) to be erased like 02-PCM (2Codes). To erase this, press and hold the reset button until it says "NO CODES" There you have done it!!!. To exit the Diagonstic menu press the METRIC BUTTON!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the tips, going to check all the hoses etc...

Jim

·
Registered
573 Posts
After my headers had a check engine then i did HP tuning a see ya check engine light

1 - 6 of 6 Posts