Corvette Z06 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just figured out how to post pics and this is a project that I did with a little help from E-Bay. I got this stock 98 lid for $12 and cut it like the one WCC sells for $70 and added a few holes myself. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,190 Posts
Looks good. How did you cut it? Hole saw?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cave Man said:
Looks good. How did you cut it? Hole saw?
I used a Dremel for the center square and a set of large hole drill bits used for door knobs (dont know exactly what there called) :crazy: . After cutting I used fine grit sandpaper and sanded down the edges nice and smooth and used Krylon for plastic spray paint. :thumb:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
I'm amazed! You sure made it look good with the paint.

Alex :thumb:

·
Registered
292 Posts
Looks good. Did you notice any hp improvement?
Would you post some pics from inside the engine compartment?
Thanks,
Stumbo

·
Registered
968 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
I just figured out how to post pics and this is a project that I did with a little help from E-Bay. I got this stock 98 lid for $12 and cut it like the one WCC sells for $70 and added a few holes myself. What do you think?
Looks great. Did you cut out the ribs/baffles in the lid? Notice any diff.? Thx

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stumbo said:
Looks good. Did you notice any hp improvement?
Would you post some pics from inside the engine compartment?
Thanks,
Stumbo
It feels like a little better throttle response but I have not Dyno'ed it to confirm any HP gains. Here are a few pics of the engine compartment.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bobby778
Looks great. Did you cut out the ribs/baffles in the lid? Notice any diff.? Thx

Yes, I cut out all the baffels for smooth airflow to the filter. I have'nt noticed any HP gains but throttle response feels a little better.

·
Registered
968 Posts
I notice you have a front hood seal. Even with the seal If you open the hood with water on it the water would go into the cut out filter box right?

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bobby778 said:
I notice you have a front hood seal. Even with the seal If you open the hood with water on it the water would go into the cut out filter box right?
:yeadog: Yes it would. I completely dry and use a 215MPH leaf blower to blow any remaining water out of the seal before I open the hood. I had a blackwing and the same deal, if you were not careful, water would drip onto the filter. I try to never drive in the rain if possible just to be on the safe side. :cheers:

·
Registered
878 Posts
nice lid and great idea with the paint
i have a similiar lid-not the round holes to the side ,but the center cut out is the same ..got it from WCC for about $70 and what a dif over my stock 01 lid.could feel it SOP. i also have the bigger air bridge ,coupler and hood seal...
]and the sound makes it fun to drive too :usa:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bobby778 said:
Thx. for all the info! Any relation to Gomer? :p
I knew it was just a matter of time! :lol: I get asked that question alot and being a Sergeant in the Marine Corps. dosent help me much either. :cheers:

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
SGT. PYLE said:
I had a blackwing and the same deal, if you were not careful, water would drip onto the filter. I try to never drive in the rain if possible just to be on the safe side. :cheers:
I have the zip-tie mod done and I'm able to drive in the rain with zero problems. Several other members here also confirmed they had no problems driving in the rain (using a hood seal).

You're okay as long as you don't open your hood.

Alex :coo:

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
ZO6 AL-X said:
I have the zip-tie mod done and I'm able to drive in the rain with zero problems. Several other members here also confirmed they had no problems driving in the rain (using a hood seal).

You're okay as long as you don't open your hood.

Alex :coo:
:mug: Thanks for the heads up! :thumb: I was worried about water getting in and would even check the forcast before driving off for the day. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Very nicely done....

·
Registered
8,152 Posts
That's what I call swiss cheese. Whether you cut your lid or remove it, you'll like the results.
:thumb:

·
Premium Member
5,475 Posts
NIce job Sarge! Looks professionally done! Kudos to you!
:jammin:

Jimbo

1 - 20 of 20 Posts