Corvette Z06 Forum banner

What is your favorite interior with Electron Blue?

• Modified Red

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Batman Black

Votes: 12 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer is sticking it to me, and I would the like the forums thoughts on this one!

I ordred My 02 Z one week ago in EB w/Blk interior, on Saturday I saw an EB w/Mod Red, and couldn't stop drooling:p (Pat, sorry about all the spit on your interior:D ). I called my dealer and asked them if they could change the order to Mod Red, and after a couple of days, they get back and say that they "probably" can do it, but will need an additonal $3000.00 down, and my entire deposit will become NON-REFUNDABLE! :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: :bs: --Which would now be a total of $5000.00!

When I asked them why:-? The response I got was EB w/Mod Red is not a good combo, and they would NEVER order one in that combo, and STILL urge me to reconsider my wish to change to Mod Red. They feel that it will lower the resale value of the car.

Are these guys completely full of Bullsheep,(and right--) or am I a victim of really bad taste in car interiors?

Would love to here from any and colors, and combos out there.

Oh,.....they also said it would add another 3 weeks to the order should they be able to change it! :mad: Any Dealers out there wish to comment on this. I think they sais this to further discourage me to change my order.

Thanks! Still Vetteless in Seattle!

Win
:cheers:

·
Registered
92 Posts
I like mine but it is a personal thing, not everyone likes it. If the dealer is able to change your order it sounds strange as to why you would need to give them more $$
:bs: :bs: :bs:

·
Registered
666 Posts
What Is Your Event Code??

Orders changed be changed up to a certain Event Code with no problem, I do not know when but I am sure someone on the forum could answer that question.

:-?

·
Registered
32 Posts
I saw EB with Modified TR at a dealer in Los Angeles a while back and didn't care for it myself, but it was a sold car. Colors are stricly a matter of individual taste. My Z06 is sliver with Modified TR and I think it is a knockout. Sounds like your dealer is worried about being stuck with a car he believes he will have touble selling should you decide to bail for any reason. It is a common industry practice to raise the deposit on an ordered car which is unusal, but if you really want the car and don't plan to change your mind later, give him a little extra deposit if you have the money. In the end, what difference will it make.

·
Registered
5,414 Posts
Mod Red......

Best 2 combo's IMHO, are Silver, and Black.........the mod red really sets em' off.............
Silver is my fav with the MR............:D

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Hi Win:

I got the drool cleaned off O.K.:eek:

I'm sure all the employees saw mine when it came through the dealership. Black interior is what most people get when ordering a Z. You can't get the modified red interior on a coupe or vert. so Roy's boys had not seen a red interior until mine came through.

When I had the oil changed the first time at Everett Chev., one of them asked if I had had the car painted because they hadn't even seen an EB as yet.

Unless you change vettes often, I would stick to my guns and get what you want. After all they are ordering the car for you, not for them.

And it shouldn't add any more time to your order, let alone the three weeks they are claiming. Until the factory accepts the order (Event code 1101) it basically doesn't exist.

Pat :)

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
I dont understand the dealers motives ether. I have sold many E/Blue & Mod-Red Zs. It is a very good looking combo. The dealer must not sell many Zs and dont know that this is a popular color. With that said and he does truly think it strange, then I guess he has the right to ask for a bigger deposit. I agree that if you plan to pick up the car it wont matter anyway. It should not take any longer to get the Mod-Red as it does the Black:)

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
still vettles in seattle

IMHO

Get what you want ! You are the one that's going to have to pay for it ! My dealer tried to talk me out of M/Y Z mainly because they were having a hard time getting it ! You are the one that's got to be happy with the decision. I don't understand why the dealership is so haed strong about it but if they don't want to work with you find another dealer ! There are great supporting dealers on this forum that would be more than happy to work with you ! What about it Rick :D

Rob :cheers:

·
Registered
4,392 Posts
Go with the ModRed

If you like it, go for it. I am in the process of changing mine to ModRed. ( only 95 made ML/ModRed)More expensive to to it later than now. Did you like the 96 GrandSports with the Red Int? I have seen pictures of the ModRed in the EB and think it looks great(great contrast). Are you ordering this car the way you want it, or for what the next owner may want? Go for it! ;)

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
MUFFLERBEARING said:
Hi Win:

I got the drool cleaned off O.K.:eek:

I'm sure all the employees saw mine when it came through the dealership. Black interior is what most people get when ordering a Z. You can't get the modified red interior on a coupe or vert. so Roy's boys had not seen a red interior until mine came through.

When I had the oil changed the first time at Everett Chev., one of them asked if I had had the car painted because they hadn't even seen an EB as yet.

Unless you change vettes often, I would stick to my guns and get what you want. After all they are ordering the car for you, not for them.

And it shouldn't add any more time to your order, let alone the three weeks they are claiming. Until the factory accepts the order (Event code 1101) it basically doesn't exist.

Pat :)

The order already has jumped to the 3000 status, and they called me back this PM to let me know that they would not have a status as to the change request intil next Tuesday, as orders are updated on Monday nights(there words).

I guess on the deposit it more the principal of the thing, as we had purchased a $160,000.00 coach from the same dealer and salesman in 2000! They have 2K of my dough, they don't need more for 3 months as far as I am concerned!:bs:

Thanks to all for yours ideas on this!

Hopefully I'll have good news come next Tuesday!

Win

:cheers:
:mad: Still vetteless!

J

·
0 Posts
GET THE MOD RED! ITS AWESOME!

Don't listen to the dealer..give him no more money..and tell him to stick it where the sun don't shine! LMAO JMO

Your paying for it..get what makes you drewl!

You could always switch it with any forum member who might have ordered black b/c they did n't know what it looked like on thier o1's..

Get the mod red..I know its a fantastic color combo..it really makes the driving environment special..

·
Registered
2,667 Posts
Get the Mod Red, if that is what you want, I have seen the EB/MR and it is a very sporty looking combo. There is no reason for the dealership to need more down for a deposit. I have the Mod/Red and it was a must for me!

carzzy

·
Registered
495 Posts
Its your money,,get what you want, your not buying it for the salesman..Not my personal choice on an E/b car but again,,its going to be your car..

Nick:)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Sounds like the dealer is really a "screwer". I LOVE my wife's EB/TR Z06. Wish I could get a change on the '99 FRC, too! She initially did like you did and ordered black, but then at a show, we saw another (non Z06 with a similar combo), and she decided to change. No hassle from the dealer, no additional cost on the deposit (which was $000.00 anyway), and no delay. Sounds like you need to change dealers, on principle! Not only that, but the Vette was "deeply" discounted. Sorry, man, I think you are being had!

Joe :-? :-? :-? :-?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Salesman think it is unusual combo. I think they are just making you prove that you are not screwing with them.

The dealer I bought from took a check from me for the deposit (car was on order) but did not cash it. If yours does same I don't see that it matters much. If they want cash up front for a 3+ month off car.... BLEH!

I would however strongly disagree with the non-refundable part. A lot can happen in 3 months beyond your control.

Also if they don't want to deal... since it is so far out anyway... other dealers who have allocs can order it and have it delivered to you any way you want it... :)

·
Registered
928 Posts
I searched all around my area (Lower Alabama) for an EB/MR, my local Dealer doesn't sell enough Vettes annually to qualify to be a Z06 dealer. But he did assist me to help me get a better deal with the dealer I went with. Finally found exactly what I wanted in Opelika, the car was built 1 Dec 01, I took delivery on 30 Dec. I couldn't have done better if I had special ordered the car, it had exactly the options I would have ordered. I was the first to drive it other than the Salesperson. Bottom line, if the amount you put down was to your satisfaction, then I wouldn't add more. Except for this car, I have always special ordered my cars to get exactly what I wanted, the most I have ever put down to hold my order was $100.00. That's ordering from all over the country, I was military for over 30 years so we lived all over East to West.
I have attached a photo of my EB/MR interior so you can decide for yourself, maybe show it to the dealer.
I figured if one is going to drive "The Wildthing" it might as well look the part. Of course everybody has their own druthers as they say in the old country.

J

·
0 Posts
The WILD THING..

That says it best..cause thats what this car is..

Go for it..

You can alway put the deposit on the gm card..LOL
and get the 5%..but never make it non refundable.

JMO..

The WILD THING!

GO FOR IT!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts